Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin running at 57-59 FPS on lowest settings on a good PC, not sure what to do.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aidanoc15

Here are my PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Eight-Core Processor 3.7GHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070

RAM: 16 GB

I got this PC right after the new year and for the first month or so Dolphin ran perfectly fine without any issues. Then all of a sudden it started running at just below 60 fps. If you watch the FPS and % counter at the top of the window it bounces betewen 60fps/100% and 57fps/95% every second or so. I was running the game at essentially max settings before this but after this started happening lowered them all the way back to the lowest settings and yet the issue persists. I have tried updating my GPU drivers and that will seem to fix the issue for about an hour but then it comes back. I've also tried changing my PC's power settings to High Performance but that did not change anything either. I've played with just about all the Graphics and Config settings within Dolphin and none of them seem to do anything. I've also looked through the settings for my graphics card and nothing really popped out to me.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that a Windows update has something to do with it, I'm not sure why else all of a sudden it would start to run slower when it had been performing perfectly.

I'm not sure if this changes anything, but I imagine it might, but I am not using mainline dolphin. I am using Faster Melee 5.9 for netplay. I'm not sure if that just sorta leaves me shit outta luck as far as getting help on here for this issue, but I figured I would give it a shot. I've heard people say that Faster Melee doesn't behave well with Ryzen CPUs for whatever reason but it doesn't seem to be a consistent issue that comes up with Ryzen's so I'm not sure how valid that is.

If there's anything you guys can think of that might help fix the issue please let me know. Also if I need to post any screenshots of any relevant settings just give me the word and I'll post some.

Thanks in advance.
(03-14-2019, 11:27 AM)aidanoc15 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this changes anything, but I imagine it might, but I am not using mainline dolphin. I am using Faster Melee 5.9 for netplay. I'm not sure if that just sorta leaves me shit outta luck as far as getting help on here for this issue, but I figured I would give it a shot.

It does. If you can't confirm that you're having the same problems with an official version of Dolphin, we can't help you.
Windows update likes to uninstall drivers, so, feel free to try uninstalling/reinstalling all of your drivers regardless of what branch you are on.