Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Sunshine running at 30fps on a Dell Inspiron 5555 Laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Randomness919

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5555. it can play Luigi's Mansion at 30fps [smooth with rare dips]. I have Super Mario Sunshine and it runs at 21-25fps and in cutscenes 30fps. Are there any settings or gecko codes I can use to keep it around 30 or is my laptop too outdated ? Thanks for your help [PS. It's a gaming laptop]
What are the exact specs? You can try the latest builds, but I'd guess your laptop is a bit on the slow side.
Mario Sunshine uses some effects and other things that make it a more demanding title. Judging by the Luigi's Mansion performance I am guessing you are using one of the better CPU choices ( E1-7010, E2-7110, A4-7210, A6-7310, A8-7410, and A10-8700P) probably the A10-8700P. This CPU is ok for native PC gaming, but the single threaded performance (important for emulation) is not great. The GPU is not the best, but probably OK at native GC\Wii resolutions or maybe 2x for some of the lighter games.

Randomness919

I reinstalled Windows 10 Home on my laptop since it was serviced a while ago and Pro was installed [i didn't have a key and I still don't have one] and now my laptop seems much faster and now gives me a 30 and over on Wind Waker[ it had multiple speedups but with V-sync and the 60 fps patch it runs properly]. I'll test Sunshine later but my laptop seems to be performing well after Windows was reinstalled.

Randomness919

(03-11-2019, 03:11 PM)TKSilver Wrote: [ -> ]Mario Sunshine uses some effects and other things that make it a more demanding title.  Judging by the Luigi's Mansion performance I am guessing you are using one of the better CPU choices ( E1-7010, E2-7110, A4-7210, A6-7310, A8-7410, and A10-8700P) probably the A10-8700P.  This CPU is ok for native PC gaming, but the single threaded performance (important for emulation) is not great.  The GPU is not the best, but probably OK at native GC\Wii resolutions or maybe 2x for some of the lighter games.

I am using the A-10 8700P. [ I forgot to mention it ]