Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SO MANY ERRORS!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so I'm playing my games on Dolphin like normal and then I'm like, her let's connect a Wii remote! I did, and it worked great! But I noticed my FPS was a teeeeensy bit low so I wanted to speed it up in the graphics configuration. And that's when everything went downhill. I get 3 error messages when I start a game:

[attachment=17859][attachment=17860][attachment=17858]

1. Failed to compile gs shader: /Users/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Dump/bad_gs_0000.txt
   Debug info (Intel Inc., Intel Iris OpenGL Engine, 4.1 INTEL-12.4.7):
   ERROR: 0:47: Invalid use of layout 'location'
   ERROR: 0:48: Invalid use of layout 'location'
   ERROR: 0:56: Use of undeclared identifier 'out_tex0'
   ERROR: 0:56: Use of undeclared identifier 'v_tex0'
   ERROR: 0:60: Use of undeclared identifier 'out_tex0'
   ERROR: 0:60: Use of undeclared identifier 'v_text0'
   ERROR: 0:64: Use of undeclared identifier 'out_text0'
   ERROR: 0:64: Use of undeclared identifier 'v_text0'

2. Failed to compile gs shader: /Users/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Dump/bad_gs_0001.txt
   Debug info (Intel Inc., Intel Iris OpenGL Engine, 4.1 INTEL-12.4.7):
   ERROR: 0:47: Invalid use of layout 'location'
   ERROR: 0:48: Invalid use of layout 'location'
   ERROR: 0:56: Use of undeclared identifier 'out_col0'
   ERROR: 0:56: Use of undeclared identifier 'v_col0'
   ERROR: 0:60: Use of undeclared identifier 'out_col0'
   ERROR: 0:60: Use of undeclared identifier 'v_col0'
   ERROR: 0:64: Use of undeclared identifier 'out_col0'
   ERROR: 0:64: Use of undeclared identifier 'v_col0'

3. Failed to initialize render classes

And then when I click 'OK' the whole program just crashes. I've tried reinstalling the program but it's still not working  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry ! Please help anybody!
So you changed something in the graphics options and everything broke? I guess it's either you hitting a driver bug, or just a poorly tested combination of graphics options on MacOS.

If you can't remember what you changed, or it seems that changing that back doesn't fix it, you can reset all settings by removing the "Library/Application Settings/Dolphin" directory from your user's directory. Note: This WILL delete all saved games (or other stored state) in there too, so make sure you're OK with that first.
(03-09-2019, 10:11 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]So you changed something in the graphics options and everything broke? I guess it's either you hitting a driver bug, or just a poorly tested combination of graphics options on MacOS.

If you can't remember what you changed, or it seems that changing that back doesn't fix it, you can reset all settings by removing the "Library/Application Settings/Dolphin" directory from your user's directory. Note: This WILL delete all saved games (or other stored state) in there too, so make sure you're OK with that first.

I'm trying to do that but I don't even have an 'Application Settings' directory. And I'm also pretty darn sure that I hit a driver bug or something cuz the games were working totally fine at first.
(03-09-2019, 04:07 PM)awesomelydeluxe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to do that but I don't even have an 'Application Settings' directory. And I'm also pretty darn sure that I hit a driver bug or something cuz the games were working totally fine at first.

It's "Application Support" actually - my mistake Smile

Though if that doesn't fix it, there should be some output in ~/Library/Application support/Dolphin/Dump directory (it should be recreated after running dolphin again) that look like bad_vs_NUMBER.txt, bad_gs_NUMBER.txt or bad_fs_NUMBER.txt - they might have more info to help debug the issue, so attaching a failing set (IE all with the same NUMBER) might make it easier to track down.
You don't really need to delete everything in that folder.

Deleting ~/Library/Application support/Dolphin/config is enough.
It looks like they accidentally turned Stereoscopic 3D on?
(03-12-2019, 03:40 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like they accidentally turned Stereoscopic 3D on?

Oh my gosh it was on! I feel so stupid now  Blush Thanks so much!
I guess stereoscopic 3d requires an extension that isn't available on macos (and not checked Smile

While it probably makes sense to check and disallow setting, it's probably such a tiny set of users actually using stereoscopic 3d that it's not worth the dev time.
Stenzek isn't opposed to removing the feature entirely last I read in IRC like a couple weeks ago, simplifies non-trivial code and it's more often than not, broken everywhere