Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games unplayable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
english is not my native language, so forgive my bad english skills Big Grin

Im new to dolphin and i want to play my old GC/WII Games again, but the 2 games i tested are unplayable, there are stuttering and the fps jumps up and down for few seconds
Games are: MGS Twin Snakes, DK Country Returns
Normal PC Games runs great also a Ps2 Emulator. No issues at all. Only with dolphin

I tried stable 5.0 and the last Development version.

Specs:
i5 6500
16GB 2133mhz
Radeon Rx 580
Win10 Pro (on SSD)
1TB SSD (where dolphin and the games are)

Can someone help me to find out the reason and can say me the good/best settings for both games?
Have you tried ubershaders in the graphics settings?
No, i will try it Smile
nope, enable ubershaders did not work
If "asynchronous ubershaders" doesn't work, then maybe try disabling vsync (in both dolphin and the amd settings).

It's also worth checking you have the latest drivers from amd.com - windows update likes using older versions, or even replacing newer drivers with older ones - especially during a feature update.
Vsync off doesn't work.
I'm using the latest Amd Adrenalin Driver
And the windows power settings are set on "performance"? And there's nothing else running in the background? I think task manager shows GPU use as well as CPU in win10....
Which backend are you using? OpenGL and AMD don't generally perform well together.
Nothing else in the background and my API of choice was Dx11