Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: This wad has not been signed by nintendo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-14-2019, 10:55 PM)emuguy Wrote: [ -> ]Im not really sure how to do that?

Open the Dolphin.ini file, which should be under "\My Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Config".
Find this line or add it if you don't have it:
EnableSignatureChecks = False

If it already exists, which should be the case, make sure it is set to False.
Oh okay. I was thinking more about a simply checkbox in dolphin.
Too niche of a feature to be used by a literal handful of users to warrant space in the UI.
Is there really no way of getting rid of this cancerous message without messing with dolphin? I just dont want to mess anything up.

Also, it wasnt in version 5.0. Why did you guys add it?
(06-04-2019, 04:27 PM)Belqua Wrote: [ -> ]Is there really no way of getting rid of this cancerous message without messing with dolphin? I just dont want to mess anything up.

Yes, by dumping proper WAD files rather than fakesigned WAD files. See https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...i_Channels for instructions on dumping WAD files from your Wii/vWii.

(06-04-2019, 04:27 PM)Belqua Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it wasnt in version 5.0. Why did you guys add it?

To warn users that their WAD files have been modified and to discourage bad dumps from being used. Though, I don't know if it was considered that that popup is going to be displayed every time you launch a game if you're not the kind of person who wants to install games permanently...
And AFAIK you can still manually edit the INI file (like explained earlier on this thread) to get rid of the message with your fakesigned WADs.

(06-04-2019, 04:27 PM)Belqua Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it wasnt in version 5.0. Why did you guys add it?
NAND emulation was pretty barebones in Dolphin 5.0. On current versions it's now much more accurate (which in turn fixed tons of Wii titles), and turns out that although they work, you shouldn't be using fakesigned WADs, that's why the message is there.
(06-04-2019, 04:33 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]To warn users that their WAD files have been modified and to discourage bad dumps from being used. Though, I don't know if it was considered that that popup is going to be displayed every time you launch a game if you're not the kind of person who wants to install games permanently...

I get that you want to warn a user once about it, but every single time they want to play a game? Thats spam. I will see if i can get it to work without messing up dolphin.

It would be nice regardless if this message was disabled by unchecking the use panic handlers button.

Edit: I did the steps to disable the message, it works. But i would still like to a checkbox to disable it in future dolphin releases.
Disabling the message isn't a solution, users should properly dump their WADs (e.g. without fake-signing them). Said that, do not expect a checkbox on the UI for this on future releases...
Pages: 1 2