Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help me choose please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey

I'm about to buy a new computer and this is what i'm thinking about :

AMD PHENOM x4 940
Biswal 9803
Mother board: ASUS M4A78 -EM
Hard disc: 160GB SATA II
RAM: DDR 2 or 3 2GB Kingston (later I'll improove this one)
DVD writer (if it's wrong sry, didn't know how to say this one, I'm Uruguayan so I talk Spanish)
Mouse, keyboard, etc.
Thermaltake cooler
PCI Express ATI HD4870 1gb DDR5
Or Nvidia PCI Express 9800GT EVGA 512MB DDR3

If there's anything I've forgotten just tell me...

I'll use it for these ->
Msn
Listen music
Play games such as Assasin's creed
Dolphin (Zelda Twilight princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario bros wii, Paper Mario The millenary door, etc)
And normally to have more than 5-9 software apart from Anti-virus working.

Will it be enough to play with nice FPS?I mean 30-40+...
If you think it won't work ok, please tell me wich config would work the way I want
Thank you all, Peresh
yeah that will be fine
Yeah. If it have Enough:
Ram, Disk space, Graphics Card Memory.
Fast overclock
Remember to give it maintenance, it will keep the quality and speed of the PC
maintenance = cleaning the PC from inside?
Remember my main language isn't english, sry...
(12-08-2009, 07:40 AM)Peresh Wrote: [ -> ]maintenance = cleaning the PC from inside?
Mm...I mean using Disk Cleaner, Tune up Utilities, CCCleaner, etc
Well...from inside like removing the dust...?
Hey sry for asking that much :/ but wich of the video cards is better?
Nvidia PCI Express 250GTS 512mb DDR3
PCI Express ATI HD4870 1gb DDR5
Or Nvidia PCI Express 9800GT EVGA 512MB DDR3
(12-08-2009, 07:46 AM)Jefferson Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2009, 07:40 AM)Peresh Wrote: [ -> ]maintenance = cleaning the PC from inside?
Mm...I mean using Disk Cleaner, Tune up Utilities, CCCleaner, etc
Well...from inside like removing the dust...?
yeah cleaning the fans and removing all that may "help" to over heat the cores
and 2GB DDR2 Ram is enough? or shall I take DDR3..?
thanks
The HD4870 is the fastest of those three.

I'd recommend a larger hard drive. 500GB - 750GB are quite cheap nowadays. 160GB might not be enough with a bunch of games installed and iso's. Also, you're going to want DDR2 800 (PC6400) RAM as that motherboard supports DDR2 and not DDR3. Don't wait too long on getting 4GB+ total because manufacturers are cutting back on production for DDR2 since DDR3 is the new standard. Prices will get pretty high like they did with DDR.

Big question. What power supply are you planning on buying? You don't want a low-quality one that's more likely to die early and possibly fry some other components with it.
(12-09-2009, 03:52 PM)w4ffles Wrote: [ -> ]The HD4870 is the fastest of those three.

I'd recommend a larger hard drive. 500GB - 750GB are quite cheap nowadays. 160GB might not be enough with a bunch of games installed and iso's. Also, you're going to want DDR2 800 (PC6400) RAM as that motherboard supports DDR2 and not DDR3. Don't wait too long on getting 4GB+ total because manufacturers are cutting back on production for DDR2 since DDR3 is the new standard. Prices will get pretty high like they did with DDR.

Big question. What power supply are you planning on buying? You don't want a low-quality one that's more likely to die early and possibly fry some other components with it.

I really don't know because I'm buying it in "pack" so they posted some info but it's not complete, so i have to ask about that, they don't mention it. Another thing they don't mention is the Video card but I'm trying to choose one, not to buy "standard" things because their "standard" level is too low... Supertalent Ram, No video card etc.
Yeah, definitely try to choose your own parts or else you might get stiffed with something bad.