Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Emulator no longer working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is happening to me when I try to play every game with the latest development build of Dolphin. Is there any way I can fix this?
I'm just wondering about your Dolphin path. Why do you hide it in 3 Dolphin folders?
I hope the Devs can help you.
I can't reproduce the issue, updated to latest dev build and launched Tornado Outbreak to see.
When launching the game, the game immediately closes out. When Panic Handlers are enabled, it throws an error message.
Your HD 2000 is far from being supported.

Dolphin now fully requires D3D11 (feature levels 11.1 and above).
Strange. Has Dolphin always fully required D3D11? Games used to work fine, until the update a few weeks ago. Might try to get myself a new computer. 
Your GPU supports D3D10, which until somewhat recently, Dolphin was able to work with on the D3D backend.

Now we have a hard minimum requirement for D3D11.

Your GPU also only supports OpenGL 3.1, we require at minimum 3.3.
(03-05-2019, 09:36 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Your HD 2000 is far from being supported.

Dolphin now fully requires D3D11 (feature levels 11.1 and above).

I tested, it still works in D3D11 FL 11.0 but a few games show problems like Mario Kart Wii (Still playable but it's not pleasant to have a black box that covers 25% of your screen).

The minimum for D3D FL_11.0 is Ivy Bridge Graphics and later, AMD Radeon HD 5XXX and later, for D3D FL_11.1 Haswell and later, AMD Radeon HD 7XXX and later, GeForce 4xx and later. The cheapest solution is to get an HD 5450 that can be found for even less than 50$. But if you want the best card under 100$ the GT 1030 is way better. You can also upgrade your CPU to Ivy Bridge, they use the same motherboard as Sandy Bridge, but you won't get a huge difference in performance.

There are also better (but more expensive) options.