Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with savestates and regular saves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MegaDeox

Hey guys,
I think I need an explanation regarding save states, memory cards and the gci folder.
I'm playing Paper Mario TTYD, and almost everytime I'm loading a save state I can't save properly afterwards (it says the memory card is not the original).
Now, I understand this is a known issue, and it also happens with Mario Sunshine, but I'm wondering if there's a way to make save states work.
I'm using the gci folders right now, but I don't think using a memory card helped.
Can someone please help me understand how to make save states work properly without screwing with actual saves? (If that's possible at all).
Thanks in advance!
Once you have made an in-game save, make sure that you don't load any savestates that were created before you made that in-game save. This helps avoid problems, but I don't know if it's enough for avoiding all problems.

MegaDeox

(03-04-2019, 06:20 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Once you have made an in-game save, make sure that you don't load any savestates that were created before you made that in-game save. This helps avoid problems, but I don't know if it's enough for avoiding all problems.

I've read that, but it's not enough to fix the issue. Here's my use-case:
1. Open dolphin, TTYD
2. Load a normal save.
3. Savestate once it loadsĀ 
4. Exit dolphin and enter again
5. Load the save state
6. Now I can't save normally.