Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Really Could do with some help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

djsim101

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker but I have been around quite a while. I like some help please as I have messed something up, now nothing works :-(

Background: Updated to Dolphin's lasted version, now nothing works. I did try to roll back the version and also do a system restore, still the same issues. Also re-installed C++ 2015.

Errors:

[Image: aajc7t.jpg]

Error 2:

I get is a C++ Assertion Failed Error after the above error (for some reason, I cannot upload this image)

The only way I can get a game to run is if I clear out the folder structure in "my documents" and run Dolphin for the first time, the games play but only in openGL , which get get warnings like "your openGL driver does not support ARB_butter_storage and devices performance will be terrible.

I am 99% sure that I was running in Direct 3D 11 on the back-end, but when I select this, I get the above errors.

What do you guys reckon, possibly a Windows update?

If I can supply any further information, please let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to read
Your GPU is too old.

We require at minimum a GPU with D3D11.1, GL 3.3, or Vulkan support.

Your GPU only supports D3D10, and GL 3.3, which is why it "works" in GL but not D3D.

There is nothing you can do beyond getting a newer GPU. Sorry.
If you're on a budget, you can get a GTX 750 or 750 TI for relatively cheap nowadays

djsim101

(03-04-2019, 03:38 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Your GPU is too old.

We require at minimum a GPU with D3D11.1, GL 3.3, or Vulkan support.

Your GPU only supports D3D10, and GL 3.3, which is why it "works" in GL but not D3D.

There is nothing you can do beyond getting a newer GPU. Sorry.
Thanks Helios for your reply .

This was working flawless until last nite. It was definitely working in Direct3D 11 as well, because I never seen these openGL errors before, games running at terrible speeds now :-(

djsim101

Thanks guys, the thing is though, this was working flawlessly for a long time until last nite, I never seen the OpenGL errors till last nite after updating, I always thought it was on D11 :-)
Yes, you updated Dolphin.

Older versions of Dolphin supported D3D10.1 or whatever. Newer versions don't.

You're free to use the older versions, but you'll just have to accept that you have to miss out on new features, performance improvements, and accuracy fixes.

djsim101

(03-04-2019, 04:41 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you updated Dolphin.

Older versions of Dolphin supported D3D10.1 or whatever. Newer versions don't.

You're free to use the older versions, but you'll just have to accept that you have to miss out on new features, performance improvements, and accuracy fixes.

Thanks Helios, I will downgrade so until I can afford to get a new rig :-)
Just in case this helps anyone else, dolphin-master-5.0-9277-x64 works
Thanks 2 all