Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it true that wbfs files will have issues compared to ISO files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it true that wbfs files will have issues compared to ISO files?
They usually don't have problems. However, they may have problems in some cases depending on how they were created, especially when it comes to the Masterpieces in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the channel installers in games that let you install channels.
(02-26-2019, 07:17 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]They usually don't have problems. However, they may have problems in some cases depending on how they were created, especially when it comes to the Masterpieces in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the channel installers in games that let you install channels.

Ya, but if you don't care about things like that, then I might as well save some room on my drive by using wbfs files, right?
(02-26-2019, 07:22 AM)the_importer Wrote: [ -> ]Ya, but if you don't care about things like that, then I might as well save some room on my drive by using wbfs files, right?

I guess, but there are other formats that save just as much space as WBFS without being as messy. You can use CISO if you want what's the closest to WBFS, or you can use the GCZ format that Dolphin has built-in conversion support for.
(02-26-2019, 08:06 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I guess, but there are other formats that save just as much space as WBFS without being as messy. You can use CISO if you want what's the closest to WBFS, or you can use the GCZ format that Dolphin has built-in conversion support for.

I tried converting them to GCZ using Dolphin, it rejected most of them for whatever reason. I ripped the ISOs myself in my Wii U, so I don't know why Dolphin doesn't like them.
If you mean WBFS to GCZ, Dolphin can't do that. It can only go plain ISO => GCZ or GCZ => plain ISO. If you want to directly convert WBFS to GCZ then you should use something like wit (assuming you're OK with CLI-only programs)...
Red Steel converted to a WBFS sometimes crashes on boot for me.
(02-26-2019, 10:35 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean WBFS to GCZ, Dolphin can't do that. It can only go plain ISO => GCZ or GCZ => plain ISO. If you want to directly convert WBFS to GCZ then you should use something like wit (assuming you're OK with CLI-only programs)...

I never said WBFS to GCZ, I said I ripped the ISOs in my Wii U and Dolphin rejected most of them. 

WBFS =/= ISO
Can you clarify what you mean by "rejected"? Do you get an error message of some kind?
(02-26-2019, 05:09 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Can you clarify what you mean by "rejected"? Do you get an error message of some kind?

Freaking lol, I just tried it again and they all passed this time. Wonder why it didn't work the first 2 times I tried it. Meh, whatever, just saved 90GB.
That being said, do these new GCZ files work just as well as ISOs?