Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Strange problem, don't know where else to turn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've installed the latest iCUE before and don't know if it would solve this particular problem, but I do know it's a bloated mess compared to older versions. Takes up 3-4x the storage space and uses 10-15x more CPU usage idling in the background. I won't even bother using it if it comes down to that or nothing.
It is no longer in beta, the final version has been out for a short while. It's a fusion between Corsair Link and CUE, and it's much less CPU hungry than Corsair Link alone. It's using 0 % of my CPU when running in the background, and 3 % at the highest when tweaking settings. I have an RGB keyboard and a Commander Pro with 5 RGB fans hooked up to it.
That's weird, I see 0.1-0.3% CPU usage on the older versions of CUE but on iCUE I'm constantly at 3.0-5.0%. That's significant for having a hyperthreaded quad core because it means if you look at only real core availability, that means really 6-10% of my actual CPU resources available at any given time. Not good.

Tried the very newest version that just came out a couple days ago. It's STILL happening. There's no way a bug like this would go from a version 5 years old until today. It's got to be something with my setup. Thing is I have NO idea what it could be. Unless my keyboard is physically dying and taking out my computer with it when the software is hooked in, I really don't get what it could be. Without the program installed, everything is just fine. It's only when it's installed that things go wrong. I'm so freaking confused right now.
I made a video showing what happens when the bug occurs. Games refuse to load, taking upwards of 2 minutes to open when they should regularly be instant, and in the video while the games are stuck in their limbo state, I unplug my keyboard and all of a sudden everything just opens at the same exact moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9D3mYd80L4

The problem isn't any specific piece of software, it's my keyboard + the driver from Corsair's software. This is extremely annoying and I get the feeling I am the only person in the world with this exact problem.
I see. I used to have this exact same problem with my Corsair keyboard. Unplugging and replugging was the only thing that did the trick.
I see you're under Windows 10 1607, it might be the root of the problem.
What keyboard do you have?
It's not from 1607. I got the same symptoms under 1809 and 19H1 insider builds.

I have a Corsair K95 RGB. The old one with 18 macro keys.
That could be the keyboard itself then. I know it's the last thing you wanted to hear...
You have the one with the Corsair Gaming tramp stamp logo right?
I currently have the K70 LUX RGB, which is the second generation of RGB keyboards from Corsair, but I used to own the first generation K70 RGB with that hideous logo a few years ago.

I had the same exact problem as you, it took me a while at the time to understand what was causing my system to hang like this. It was very frequent too.
With my current keyboard I only had this happen a few times in the last 2 years on a certain version of the software.

A nice indicator that the keyboard isn't loaded properly by the software and needs a replug is the Windows lock key LED will be turned off. It is always turned off when the software profile isn't loaded, it will only turn on when logged in Windows with CUE or iCUE running.
Welp it's been many months but I have finally found a solution to this original problem. Apparently this keyboard doesn't like motherboard BIOS "Fast Startup" options. Shadorino if you're still getting this need to unplug and replugin the keyboard problem, try turning off this option in your BIOS and I bet it'll solve the issue. I'm going 11 days strong now with that option on and not once has the issue reappeared since, whereas it used to happen every day or two. Amen.

Having said that, something else that I thought was related to this keyboard specific problem actually turned out to be a strictly Dolphin based issue: https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/1170...e_id=11704

That freaking issue has been driving me nuts for the past few months and had me really believing my keyboard was dead. No, it turns out to be some random update to Dolphin that brought it on. Glad to know all's well with my hardware and setup but it is kind of annoying having Dolphin ignore keyboard inputs randomly and needing to refresh my device list almost every time I run it nowadays. I don't know how this isn't a bigger issue for them and why it's not getting any attention. Unless it just isn't a universal issue.

PS Shadorino cool to see you and me have virtually identical PCs aside from the RAM. Same CPU clock speed, same GPU and same OS version too. Cool. Bet you can't wait to move from the last quad core i7 to some big beefy 8 or 10 core 5.3Ghz beast lol
Cool! I'll give it a shot. In the past weeks I've had this problem come up again, but this time there is not sign on the keyboard LEDs that it's hanging.

I sure wouldn't say no to an i9 10900K 10 core 20 threads OCed @ 5.5GHz with 32 GB of DDR4 4000MHz RAM and a 3080 Ti ^^
But I'm afraid I'm going to keep my current build for a long time, unless I find a better job.
I hear that man. Waiting for some IPC gains myself, my GPU jump from was a GTX 780 to this 1080 Ti, about 300% faster performance. Right now a 2080 Ti is only 35% faster, not worth the crazy money investment. Maybe once it's 100% or better I'll upgrade. Sadly it's looking like we won't be seeing a 100% faster IPC gain on the CPU side of things. Intel has been frozen in place for the last 4.5 years on IPC, Skylake is the same as Tiger Lake. All we're getting is more cores. Hopefully we can squeeze another 25-33% more IPC though, couple that with a 8+ core high clocked CPU and you have a recipe for another i7 2600k chip that lasts a decade.

Anyways just glad I finally resolved this issue. Let me know how it goes. Honestly the difference in speed on boot is not that much worse with Fast Boot off, so it's not a big cost to have it solve the problem. Now if only they can fix this bloody annoying device refresh problem and things will be solid.
Pages: 1 2