Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: twilight princess temple of time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

park058

The game worked perfectly until now, when I have to go through the door to temple of time. When I go through the door, the game stops and dolphin crashes.
This happens on direct3d11, and when I try opengl the graphic glitches, and sometimes it gets severe. How can I fix this?

I have some screenshots of what happens when I use opengl

https://imgur.com/a/UDaMdTw

[Image: LlDG8u7][Image: r45mLGU][Image: fQPj6GN][Image: DTtqsxm]
I've honestly never seen anything like this before. Are you using savestates? Does Dolphin crash outright or does the game itself crash (aka, is Dolphin completely dead or is it just a buzzing sound with the game crashed.)

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers, disabling dualcore, disabling cheats, etc.
I saw something simmilar one year ago on my old computer.
It was an overheated, slowly dying allready broken GPU causing these grafic issues whenever i tried to play a game. No matter if with Dolphin or regular PC games.
I hope it's not defect hardware but worth to check it.
[EDIT]
I have to say that my grafic problems didn't happen all the time. For Example: I played Conan Exiles, and was able to play like 20 - 30 minutes without any problems. When the problems started, they happened only if i came near player buildings. Loading these buildings made the graficscard overheat in a matter of seconds and hardcore grafic glitches happened. If i stood too long near the building my pc crashed after a while. So maybe you are experiencing something like that?

park058

(02-20-2019, 06:38 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I've honestly never seen anything like this before.  Are you using savestates?  Does Dolphin crash outright or does the game itself crash (aka, is Dolphin completely dead or is it just a buzzing sound with the game crashed.)

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers, disabling dualcore, disabling cheats, etc.

Yes I am using savestates, but I've also tried not using them and saving inside the game and restarting it. I can't understand the difference between dolphin and the game crashing, but the game stops, then dolphin crashes. It works perfectly fine until I go into the temple of time on direct11

Yep I've tried all the options you gave me

park058

(02-20-2019, 08:18 PM)RemagOrter Wrote: [ -> ]I saw something simmilar one year ago on my old computer.
It was an overheated, slowly dying allready broken GPU causing these grafic issues whenever i tried to play a game. No matter if with Dolphin or regular PC games.
I hope it's not defect hardware but worth to check it.
[EDIT]
I have to say that my grafic problems didn't happen all the time. For Example: I played Conan Exiles, and was able to play like 20 - 30 minutes without any problems. When the problems started, they happened only if i came near player buildings. Loading these buildings made the graficscard overheat in a matter of seconds and hardcore grafic glitches happened. If i stood too long near the building my pc crashed after a while. So maybe you are experiencing something like that?

It might be, but my computer works on any other games without issues. Would the overheating be the problem? But it still works perfectly on direct11, and opengl makes it all glitchy.