Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are savestates Audio Emulation Engine bound?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, google couldn't help me this time.
Normally i use DSP LLE Recompiler as Engine, WASAPI (Exclusive Mode) as Audio Backend and Latency 0 ms. Works flawless (for me).

So this is more of an informal question, than an search for help, because i will stay at these settings cause it works, except you tell me something else.

So today i tried to mess a bit with the Audio Engines / Backends to see if i can hear some differences. But i could,'t get that far, because i noticed my savestate doesn't work if i don't select DSP LLE Recompiler as Audio Backend. When i select HLE or LLE Interpreter the savestate doesn't work. But more problematic- Dolphin crashes but stays open untill i take action. Most of the time a little ALT+TAB and mouse clicking is enough to make Dolphin close itself, the Gamewindow says at the top Savestate could't be loaded, or somehing like that.
But sometimes i can't even get into the Taskmanager, I can Ctrl+Alt+Del, the blue screen opens and i click on Taskmanager and it opens, but in Background.
No matter what i do, nothing really nothing can be brought infront of the Fullscreen Game window. Therefore i have no choice but to press the reset button on my computer.

So that's all. Hmm... much text for a most likely short answer like " Yes, savestates are Audio Emulation Engine bound".
Well, thanks for your time.

Windows 10 x64, Dolphin x64 5.0-9610
(02-16-2019, 08:37 AM)RemagOrter Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... much text for a most likely short answer like " Yes, savestates are Audio Emulation Engine bound".

Yes, they are.
(02-16-2019, 09:19 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, they are.

Thank you.