Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Starting Dolphin without an ISO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MikeTheKav

Hello

I was wondering, how do I run an emulation without a GC/Wii ISO. I can't purchase a GC game (too much money), don't have a disk drive on my laptop, and there is NO WAY IN HELL I'm downloading an ISO online.

If any of you have any solutions, that would be great. Thanks!

TL;DR want to run emu w/o iso, not purchasing, no downloading, no disk drive.
You could download some free homebrew software from wiibrew.org if you want to, and you can use the Perform Online System Update option in Dolphin to grab a copy of the Wii Menu. But if what you want to do is to play any of the officially released games for the GC/Wii... it's simply impossible given your constraints.

MikeTheKav

Err...where can I find that option? I'm using the Gamecube emulation, by the way.
The Perform Online System Update option? It's in the Tools menu, but you need a recent development version of Dolphin in order for it to be there. It's not in 5.0. And if you only want to emulate the GameCube, it won't be of any help. It only gives you the Wii Menu and other Wii software.
If you don't have any games, then I don't see why you have any use for running Dolphin.
GameCube menu is copyright protected and Nintendo don't provide it for free, it needs to be extracted from a real GameCube.
If you don't have any game, all you can do is download free GameCube homebrews and run them, if you want to stick to the GameCube.