Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help dumping games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm not the best at tech stuff, but I'm trying to dump some of my wii and gamecube games onto Dolphin, as after dragging my old wii console and games out of the attic, I've realised that I'm suddenly useless at using the controller.
I've tried the two recommended methods.

For the Homebrew method, I can't get past the CleanRip section as WiFi on the wii is disabled now, and it needs an internet connection.
For the RawDump/FriiDump, my disk drive doesn't seem to be supported (HP DVDRW SV208FB, for reference).

Am I missing something important, or is there any other way to dump my games onto Dolphin? Huh

Thanks in advance!

PS I apologise if this is in the wrong thread/has been answered already. I did have a good look before posting this but couldn't see anything similar.
CleanRip doesn't require an internet connection. Just press No when it asks if you want to download the dat files.
(02-13-2019, 03:47 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]CleanRip doesn't require an internet connection. Just press No when it asks if you want to download the dat files.

Oh okay! I go onto Homebrew and it just never completely loads, what do you think could be causing this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I've sorted it. Thank you!
(02-13-2019, 03:48 AM)Rhianna Wrote: [ -> ]Oh okay! I go onto Homebrew and it just never completely loads, what do you think could be causing this?

Do you mean that CleanRip never shows up in the Homebrew Channel? If so, you probably didn't place it in the correct place on the SD card.
(02-13-2019, 03:55 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean that CleanRip never shows up in the Homebrew Channel? If so, you probably didn't place it in the correct place on the SD card.

I've got it working now, thank you! I had a blonde moment and forgot to even download CleanRip... All done now though, and my game is dumping as we speak  Big Grin
(02-13-2019, 03:55 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean that CleanRip never shows up in the Homebrew Channel? If so, you probably didn't place it in the correct place on the SD card.

I seem to have run into another problem, any chance you'd be able to help?

I'm trying to combine the two files into one, but an error message saying "Access Denied" keeps popping up. The first command I had looked like this:

cd <C:\Users\Rhianna\Documents\TP2> copy /b *.part?.iso fulliso.iso

I then had a look around and came up with this, which was recommended:

cd <C:\Users\Rhianna\Documents\TP2> copy /b RZDP01.part0.iso+RZDP01.part1.iso RZDP01-full-iso.iso

Access aside, is this the correct command?
In terms of the access, I'm not really sure what to do?

Thank you
If you actually are typing it like that, it won't work. First you need to do:

cd "C:\Users\Rhianna\Documents\TP2"

Then you need to do:

copy /b *.part?.iso fulliso.iso

(The second alternative for what to write after "copy" that you posted will also work, if the parts are named RZDP01.part0.iso and RZDP01.part1.iso)
(02-13-2019, 08:13 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you actually are typing it like that, it won't work. First you need to do:

cd "C:\Users\Rhianna\Documents\TP2"

Then you need to do:

copy /b *.part?.iso fulliso.iso

(The second alternative for what to write after "copy" that you posted will also work, if the parts are named RZDP01.part0.iso and RZDP01.part1.iso)

Thank you for your reply, I've tried that and now it's saying that it can't find the specified path. I've tried both the last part you suggested and the one I had. 
Given that the file directory is C:\Users\Rhianna\Documents\TP2, and that my parts are named RZDP01.part0.iso and RZDP01.part1.iso, would you be able to tell me the entirety of what you'd type, please?