Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New error?Does anyone know how to fix this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What that it means and how to fix it -warning:no posible base pointer found
Dolphin x68 4654,dolphin r 4635 and some other versions of dolphin.....
Do you mean: "No memory base pointer found"? If is that. This error shows from Dolphin SVN 4505. The second time and above.
You can go to Memcard Manager and select a Memory Card from previous version (Example: 4493).
Tought this is a bug, it must be fixed in future Dolphin SVN Versions.
(12-08-2009, 07:04 AM)Jefferson Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean: "No memory base pointer found"? If is that. This error shows from Dolphin SVN 4505. The second time and above.
You can go to Memcard Manager and select a Memory Card from previous version (Example: 4493).

Thanks I will try your solution
(12-08-2009, 07:04 AM)Jefferson Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean: "No memory base pointer found"? If is that. This error shows from Dolphin SVN 4505. The second time and above.

Based on my own experiences and others' testimonies, this is silliness. While this fix does work, it's overtly specific for no good reason.

This error occurs on WinXP 32-bit systems when attempting to launch gamecube games for the first time in the program's lifetime (I.E. if it's the first thing you do when you launch the program).

Simply opening and closing any Dolphin window before launching seems to eradicate the error temporarily. Memcard manager can be used, but you could just as well open the configuration window.
Deleting Dolphin.ini also works