Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Widescreen RE4 (GC) works in 4:3, double black bars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just take a look: https://pp.userapi.com/c851228/v85122825...Rlsznc.jpg

How to solve this? Tried force widescreen, crop, no luck.
This game is weird with how it does widescreen. I think some custom post processing shader would be needed to make it work.
Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube played in a widescreen aspect ratio inside a 4:3 game, it is not true widescreen. The black bars on the top and bottom were always there on the old 4:3 televisions. You might get it to look correct if you can somehow zoom in the image on your display. The Wii version is in true widescreen, though. But that version uses motion controls.
(02-10-2019, 08:32 AM)Megapsychotron Wrote: [ -> ]Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube played in a widescreen aspect ratio inside a 4:3 game, it is not true widescreen. The black bars on the top and bottom were always there on the old 4:3 televisions. You might get it to look correct if you can somehow zoom in the image on your display. The Wii version is in true widescreen, though. But that version uses motion controls.

The game requires a Wiimote + Nunchuck controller to boot, bur once you got to the title screen, you can use a GameCube controller.
I haven't found that true. I've never been able to get a GameCube Controller to work in it. I've seen everyone tell me this is the case but I've never actually been able to do this.
It has been a while since I last played Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, but if I remember it correctly it definitely did support the GameCube controller. Normally I prefer a traditional controller, but I just use the WiiMote + Nunchuk instead here, because shooters.
To get the GC controller to work in this game, you need to get ingame and then disconnect the nunchuck. That will tell the game to use the GC controller instead. If you reconnect the nunchuck, you can use the wiimote again. You can't use both.

There is also this for the GC version. RE4 Widescreen