Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How can I copy over my settings to a new version of Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WiseWoodrow

I recently decided to download the latest build, as I've been using regular old 5.0 for the past year or two now, and decided that I'd rather keep both of the versions incase any bugs occurred and I wanted to use 5.0 again without having to re-download it. I put both versions beside eachother in folders (Program files > dolphin >each version in a separate folder), and started up the new version (5.0-9569). Upon opening my settings, though, none of them persisted.

I assumed Dolphin used the folder in Documents for settings, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as while 5.0 has all of it's settings, the new version I downloaded reverted back to default. I cannot find where exactly the config is for me to drop into the correct place? I know I can just re-make my settings, but I'd like to avoid having to do this in the future if possible. Thanks.
Weird. Dolphin looks for settings in ...\My Documents\Dolphin Emulator, as you've seen. If you create a text file titled "portable.txt" and place it in the root of the Dolphin installation folder, then it will look for settings in the "User" folder in the Dolphin installation folder.