Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 360 controller problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Cojiro

I have searched for a solution on these forums for quite a while but nothing seems to be working.

I want to use a wired xbox 360 controller with dolphin. however, it is not showing up on my computer. when I plug it in, it shows that it was plugged in and it shows up in Devices and Printers, but that is all that happens. When I try to configure it with dolphin, it doesnt show up. I have installed the Microsoft software from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downlo...64&lang=en

but still, nothing shows up. i am sure i am missing something obvious, but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. please help me!
If nothing resolves your problem you could try using Xpadder. It simulates your keyboard and mouse using you 360 Pad

Cojiro

i might have found the problem. I downloaded the software for the WIRED 360 controller. I'm not actually using a WIRED controller, but a WIRELESS one with the charging cable.

would this be the problem?

EDIT: my evidence for this is that when I plug the controller into a usb port, it recognizes it as wireless. My thoughts are that since in reality its wireless, I might have to buy the wireless adapter for windows. BUT if its plugged in via the charging cable, it seems it SHOULD work as a wired controller

does anybody know? i'm really desperate for answers

shafnitz

(12-07-2009, 04:10 PM)Cojiro Wrote: [ -> ]i might have found the problem. I downloaded the software for the WIRED 360 controller. I'm not actually using a WIRED controller, but a WIRELESS one with the charging cable.

would this be the problem?

EDIT: my evidence for this is that when I plug the controller into a usb port, it recognizes it as wireless. My thoughts are that since in reality its wireless, I might have to buy the wireless adapter for windows. BUT if its plugged in via the charging cable, it seems it SHOULD work as a wired controller

does anybody know? i'm really desperate for answers
The wireless 360 controller only functions as a controller wirelessly. Even on the 360, when you use a Play and Charge cable, the cable is only charging and nothing more. In order to use a wireless controller on a PC, you'll need the wireless adapter, that appears to be hard to find. I think they stopped selling it by itself. You'll probably need to buy the "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows" which is a wireless controller with the adapter. Good luck.