Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin reaches 4K and runs perfectly for an hour before turning slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I got this new Gaming laptop for Christmas, not very expensive. The first thing I downloaded was Dolphin. It worked fine back then, but it is now slowing down for extended periods of time before turning back to normal for no apparent reason. I close every tab, program, or resource demanding program before starting up Dolphin.

Here's my specs:

Core i5 8300H @ 2.30GHZ

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 GPU

4GB RAM (I know it's not that good)

I'm new to the forum, so I'll be very thankful to any help.
Check your temperatures, it could be thermal throttling.
(02-04-2019, 04:08 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Check your temperatures, it could be thermal throttling.

Checked my temperatures and cooling system, working fine. I just can't think of any explanation for this, as this problem only occurs with Dolphin since yesterday...
Does it still happens if you plug the charger?
(02-04-2019, 01:19 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it still happens if you plug the charger?

It dissappeared completely before the Super Bowl ended, but not certain if it's because of it being plugged in. Gonna test a little and will reply back. Till then!
(02-04-2019, 01:19 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it still happens if you plug the charger?

It turns out that was the problem! It slows down horrendously when I unplug it. Do you think it's a problem with the settings of my PC? 
(02-05-2019, 12:53 AM)DJDXDDD2006 Wrote: [ -> ]It turns out that was the problem! It slows down horrendously when I unplug it. Do you think it's a problem with the settings of my PC? 

More like the Windows settings. When you unplug it, make sure you´re using the High Performance profile.

Same for your NVidia GPU (otherwise it will use Intel´s GPU instead).
(02-05-2019, 01:04 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]More like the Windows settings. When you unplug it, make sure you´re using the High Performance profile.

Same for your NVidia GPU (otherwise it will use Intel´s GPU instead).

It was already in High Performance profile. NVIDIA is on Maximum Performance, too. What else can I try?
Some notebooks Will force throttle depending on battery charge.

Not sure if this can be bypassed.
Does it happen faster if the battery is already predrained to say 70% then the laptop is powered off (and back on) before you play?
Pages: 1 2