Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Stutter on Good PC.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I recently built a new PC and have been using Dolphin.
Specs: MSI Armour GTX 1070ti, 16GB Ripjaws 5 Ram at 3200Mhz and a Ryzen 2600 Stock Speed.

But I have been experiencing random stutter in some games as follows.. Super Monkey Ball 2, specifically during the Monkey fight mini-game;

Super Mario Galaxy 2, random audio and stutter, and also Scaler sometimes drops frames down to the low 50's.

I think my PC is powerful enough for these things, as reference, it runs GTA 5 from 60 - 80+ FPS max settings 1080p.

Any help would be appreciated!
Post your dolphin settings. IR, graphic backend, ubershaders, etc.
(02-02-2019, 05:07 AM)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Post your dolphin settings. IR, graphic backend, ubershaders, etc.

Attached photos of settings.
Did it show the images?
Try lowering your internal resolution or switching to a different shader setting. Synchronous Ubershaders at 3x IR with CPU syncs may be the issue.

Comparing an emulator to native PC games doesn't work, there are certain games on Dolphin that are more demanding to emulate than GTAV is to run on PC.
Try changing the backend from OpenGL to Direct3D11 or Vulkan. You should be able to with a 1070 ti. Once you've done that select your 1070 ti as your adapter. 
Alright, so I changed my Asynchronous and it fixed all of the lag, but when I go onto a star and get shot to another area, the audio lags and I am not sure why. Appreciate the help so far.
Well, the lag doesn't happen every time. But not sure why it does anyways.
Only the audio lags? Not the whole emulation?
Yeah. Im gonna keep watch on the VPS / FPS to see if it happens again, because after I changed the shaders, it did it once and hasn't done it since.
Alright, so I am no longer having problems in SMG2 anymore, but I am still getting severe slowdown in some GameCube games. Those being Scaler and Super Monkey Ball 2.

Same problem in Open GL and Direct 3D 11.

I have attached Images of the lag.

SMB2 lags with the crates. And In Scaler it is in some open areas.

I have tried experimenting with different settings, but it doesn't seem to help.