Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC controller adapter flickering during gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pasta99

Hello,

Recently I picked up a Gamecube adapter for my Switch and a GC controller to go along with it and I decided to try and use it with Dolphin. I have followed all the steps to replace the driver using Zadig, and verified that the driver was changed multiple times. I have even restarted the computer multiple times to see if this helps, but it does not. If I visit the 'configure' sub-menu of the controllers menu it will tell me that it detects the adapter, meaning I must have done the installation correctly. However, after launching a game (in this case, Metroid Prime, but I'm not sure if that info is even relevant) the screen that confirms that Dolphin detects the adapter flickers between 'Adapter Detected' and 'No Adapter Detected' making it impossible to use my new Gamecube controller to play these games.

Any assistance on the matter would be appreciated since I need to soak up my tears knowing that Metroid Prime 4 is quite definitely many years in the future.

Thanks,

Pasta

P.S. If this makes any difference, the model of adapter I am using is the NYKO brand one made for the Switch, but the USB ID for it is identical for the official Nintendo model for both the Wii U and the Switch, so I do not think that is the problem either.
Known problem with some 3rd party adapters, not sure when they stopped working.

Aimela

I'm not sure if it's related, but I'm using a Mayflash adapter and the triggers are overly sensitive. One small brush on the triggers and I'll suddenly look up in Metroid Prime when moving forward. I didn't have this issue before and it's happening in both the Linux and Windows versions.
That's a regression I think if you're using the latest development builds.

Pasta99

(01-30-2019, 09:41 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Known problem with some 3rd party adapters, not sure when they stopped working.

So basically, it's unusable? Bummer.

Pasta99

(02-01-2019, 01:16 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]That's a regression I think if you're using the latest development builds.

I'm on 5.0, not a dev build. Would you recommend trying a dev build?
Try the dev builds if you're using Native GameCube support as we have better calibration that should match the console.