Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Extend IR Sensor Range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my IR control stick doesn't want to reach the bottom of the screen in Super Mario Galaxy (which means I cant start the game), as it's resting point or center is stuck 2/3 of the way at the top of the screen.

I followed these https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-is...ensitivity instructions and they worked like a charm to reduce the sensitivity, but I still can't move my cursor where I need it to go.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
The settings that need adjusting are called IR/Center and IR/Height. They are not exposed on Android as far as I know so you will need to manually edit WiimoteNew.ini.
(01-28-2019, 03:03 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]The settings that need adjusting are called IR/Center and IR/Height. They are not exposed on Android as far as I know so you will need to manually edit WiimoteNew.ini.

Appreciate the response, but I can't find anything regarding the IR sensor in WiimoteNew.ini other than:
IR/Backward
IR/Down
IR/Forward
IR/Hide
IR/Left
IR/Right
IR/Up

It appears this is just the controls. Do I need to add a line?
This sounds like the IR sensor in the Wii's settings is configured wrong, try setting up a classic controller temporarily and setting the sensor bar position to "Below TV".
(01-28-2019, 06:17 AM)SCOTT0852 Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like the IR sensor in the Wii's settings is configured wrong, try setting up a classic controller temporarily and setting the sensor bar position to "Below TV".

Thanks for the reply, but I am not using the PC version of Dolphin.
Yes. You will need to add the lines. The default values are both 50. You can try decreasing IR/Center or increasing IR/Height.
(01-28-2019, 06:46 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. You will need to add the lines. The default values are both 50. You can try decreasing IR/Center or increasing IR/Height.

Thanks for letting me know! Should the line look like this?

IR/Center = 70,000000

Also, can I add it wherever?
(01-28-2019, 06:46 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. You will need to add the lines. The default values are both 50. You can try decreasing IR/Center or increasing IR/Height.

Oooooh, I found it! You have to select the profile that correlates with the game you are playing and type it in there!

It's under dolphin-emu>Config>Profiles>Wiimote

The one I had to edit for Super Mario Galaxy was RMGE01_Wii0.ini

One quick (and hopefully final) question: Is there a way to have the "Hide Cursor" button in the controller configuring screen toggle the cursor? As of now it just hides it for the duration that you press it. Thanks again
There is currently no toggle ability but that is a feature that is in process of getting added.
You can enable the auto-hide setting though. It's also in the ini file:
IR/Auto-Hide = True
(01-28-2019, 10:16 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]There is currently no toggle ability but that is a feature that is in process of getting added.
You can enable the auto-hide setting though. It's also in the ini file:
IR/Auto-Hide = True

Thanks!