Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Texture Dumping Details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few general questions that googling wasn't answering, so I figured I'd ask.

So, on the basic Dolphin process, I understand that having the having the hash of each texture is necessary to replace it with an improved one.
  • The guide mentions one could theoretically hash textures straight from a ROM, though it's likely to be difficult. Has anyone worked much on this?
  • For the standard method, is there any place where people have run through games and just posted the output, or does everyone who begins such a project always need to play through the full game to get started?

I'm sure things like emulator cheats could cut it down quite a bit, but it would be nice to get right into the actual modding part.

Thanks!
(01-27-2019, 05:56 PM)Burstaholic Wrote: [ -> ]The guide mentions one could theoretically hash textures straight from a ROM, though it's likely to be difficult. Has anyone worked much on this?

Yes, but each such effort only works with a single game. I've heard about people doing it for Melee and Paper Mario TTYD, but I don't have any details.

(01-27-2019, 05:56 PM)Burstaholic Wrote: [ -> ]For the standard method, is there any place where people have run through games and just posted the output

Not really.