Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Conflict: Desert Storm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

conflict desert man

I am currently attempting to play Conflict: Desert Storm with my brother and the multiplier option in the main menu is grayed out. I have tried to use Dolphin emulator in RetroArch and

although the multiplayer button in that menu works perfectly the game crashes whenever I try to load the game.
We don't support Dolphin through RetroArch. They have their own stuff going on inside their Dolphin core. If you use one of our development builds (or if you build Dolphin from source) then we can help you, but otherwise this issue is something the folks over at RetroArch will have to help you with.

conflict desert man

(01-26-2019, 01:06 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]We don't support Dolphin through RetroArch. They have their own stuff going on inside their Dolphin core. If you use one of our development builds (or if you build Dolphin from source) then we can help you, but otherwise this issue is something the folks over at RetroArch will have to help you with.
I am using the most current dev build of Dolphin because RetroArch does not work with Conflict: Desert Storm. I was only saying that the multiplayer option was not greyed out in RetroArch but it greyed out in Dolphin for some unknown reason. I have also tried the current stable build for Dolphin and the multiplayer option is greyed out there also. 
Do you actually have 2 controllers plugged in within the Options/Controller configuration page? A lot of GameCuge games will gray out multiplayer if you don't have enough controllers plugged in.

conflict desert man

(01-26-2019, 02:25 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you actually have 2 controllers plugged in within the Options/Controller configuration page?  A lot of GameCuge games will gray out multiplayer if you don't have enough controllers plugged in.
God bless your soul. You have saved me so much pain and anguish. I had two controller ports when I began to try and play the video game. I opened up all four ports and made them standard controllers and by heavens light, it worked. I cannot thank you enough, we are finally able to play again like we did as children. I hope you have a heavenly 2019!

-Papa Desert Storm
Enjoy your gaming!