Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screen Tearing with Vsync off, slow down and bad audio with vsync on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

browncoat1984

So I heard of a new HD texture pack for Metroid Prime and thought I'd give it a try with Dolphin. I've only messed around with Dolphin a little in the past but figured my current system specs should be fine...I've come across an issue though.

When I play the game with Vsync off, I get screen tearing, but the game runs perfectly other than that. When I play the game with Vsync on, I get Low FPS and horrible audio stuttering. My system specs include Windows 10 64-bit, intel core i7 6700 CPU 3.4ghz, Nvidia GeForce 1080. I also have 32gb system ram and am running the game on an SSD.

Any thoughts on how I can reduce screen tearing -and- fix the issue I have with Vsync? I'm using Direct3D 11 as the back end with Asynchronous (Ubershaders) for my shader compilation, but I've tried other settings to the same exact results...
If you have a monitor with a strange refresh rate, you'll have to live with vsync being off. These games are designed to run their original framerate and nothing more, so, if vsync forces them down to 30 FPS, you'll get things like slowdown + audio stuttering.

browncoat1984

I figured it out. My PC is connected to a 43" 4K tv and I was running my desktop at a 4k resolution. I changed the desktop resolution to 1920 X 1080 and tried running the game with Vsync again and that solved the problem!