Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mixed results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

joshuafitforbattle

So my spec info should be on my profile- when I first bought my laptop, I was able to play No More Heroes without any real performance issues. Recently, I've had more trouble, and have had a particular problem running Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. I use Direct3D11 as the graphics plug-in- you'll see that I have an NVIDA GeForce GTX 1060, but I actually have had slightly better performance using Intel® Graphics UHD 630, oddly enough. I feel like, with the PC that I have, I should have more than enough at my disposal to be running these games on Dolphin with little to no issue, but that hasn't been the case. Open to suggestions, ideas as to what the issue may be, etc
Your 1060 may not be detecting Dolphin as a game and keeping the clocks at idle speed. Make sure your nvidia graphics settings are on "Prefer Maximum Performance"!

joshuafitforbattle

seems somewhat improved, but there's still some stuttering here and there. is that to be expected?
Have you tried the precompiling shaders option?