Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Linux 64bit, Wiimote Plugin Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

pz.daniel

Hello,

I just installed Dolphin with the guide on the code.google site (http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wik...pendencies).

My OS is Ubuntustudio 64bit.

When I try to start the emulator, the gui is shown. When I click on the Wiimote button on the upper right, I get: Error loading Plugins/libPlugin_Wiimote.so: can't read info

What can I do? In the plugin-setting-menu there is no wiimote entry?!

Best regards,
Daniel

PS: My Wiimote works flawlessly with wminput...

pz.daniel

I forgot to mention it: 3 errors are also shown by opening a game.

1. Error loading Plugins/libPlugin_Wiimote.so: can't read info
2. Can't init any Wiimote Plugins
3. Couldn't init the core.
Check your configuration.

Can anyone help me please?

Makurosu

(12-07-2009, 02:14 AM)pz.daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot to mention it: 3 errors are also shown by opening a game.

1. Error loading Plugins/libPlugin_Wiimote.so: can't read info
2. Can't init any Wiimote Plugins
3. Couldn't init the core.
Check your configuration.

Can anyone help me please?

I'm getting the same thing on Linux 32-bit (Ubuntu Karmic). I've read the "stickies." libbluetooth3 and libbluetooth-dev comes installed with my distro. Running the Windows 32-bit version with wine gives me an error that 1gb of contiguous memory isn't available. I've been screwing around with it all day and reading various forums. I've compiled the latest SVN 4654. I've tried running four different Windows 32-bit versions. My system is explicitly compatible with Dolphin-emu. I've resisted posting up until now because of the insulting replies that other people have received, but I'm not sure what to try next.

Makurosu

Well, I've gotten a little further. I checked out and compiled r3972. The wiimote plugin works in the earlier version, so this problem is clearly a regression in r4654 (and r4653 - I tried that one too). Now, however, I'm getting a segmentation fault while initializing a game:

Quote:26:55:677 N[OSREPORT]: (PC=812003d8) OSReport: Apploader Initialized.
26:55:677 N[OSREPORT]: (PC=812003f4) OSReport: This Apploader built Aug 28 2007 01:08:47 for RVL
26:57:463 N[Video]: GLWin Depth 24
26:57:463 N[Video]: detected direct rendering
Segmentation fault

I don't mean to hijack your thread, Daniel. Try an earlier version and see if it works for you:

svn checkout -r 3972 http://dolphin-emu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ dolphin-emu-read-only

(I had to look up how to do that. Hope this helps.)

pz.daniel

Hi Makurosu,

thanks for your reply.
I downloaded and compiled the rev 3972.
Now the Error: "Can't find plugin"
appears when I try to launch a game and also by klicking the Wiimote button even though the plugin is now available in the configuration.

Does anybody have any further suggestions?

By the way...in the latest rev I changed the graphics to Dolphin Software Renderer.
After that I tried to launch a game again - didn't work. But then I changed it back to OpenGL and the "Error loading Plugins/libPlugin_Wiimote.so: can't read info" disappeared (but an other occured....I don't remeber it now...I'll try to get the same error again).

pz.daniel

Ok, I compiled the latest rev 4654. And what surprise...no error at all :-)
I even can connect my wiimote to Dolphin (Wiimote settings, deactivate "Connect real Wiimote" and activate it again while your wiimote is in visible mode (Press 1+2)). Then the wiimote rumbles and the LED shows connectivity.
I just can't use the wiimote in any Wii-game. But that is, as a lot of users in other topics post, already a known problem. Probably they'll fix it soon :-)

If somebody has already a workaround, please tell us ;-)
I am having the same issues described above.

When using the newest rev, I was unable to detect a wiimote even though wmgui worked flawlessly. When I attempted rev 3972, I recieved the "Error loading Plugins/libPlugin_Wiimote.so" error when attempting to access the wiimote config.

Is there a solution?
(Ubuntu 9.10, 64 bit)