Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Menu Crash and crash and... crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, on latests builds of Dolphin Id noticed that system menú doesnt work pretty well.

I did a clean install of Dolphin, extracted my nand, updated. And I can boot my system menú.

I can Access wii store, mii channel, but just 1 or 2 times.

After that, I get hard crashes on Dolphin when trying to launch wii store, mii channel, even wii ware games, all black screen until Dolphin crash, it just dissappear. Launchig those wads from system menú or directly from Dolphin, makes no difference.

I just replaced Dolphin with a 10 months old dev build, and I can Access fine, not 100% of the times, but almost.

Back to new builds, and all this is broken. Crash and more crash until the point that launching any wad from dolpiui Will launch system menú instead of the selected wad.

Also game channel is broken. Exiting a game to wii menú, disc channel always says disc cannot be read.

Im using Windows 10 1809

Amd gpu, Intel cpu. Dolphin stock, just changed most settings to spanish. Tried changing graphics backend, but its the same.
I can't reproduce this.

Given your other issues that only one other person can reproduce I'm sorry but there's just something wrong with your setup.
Well, Im just using a fresh Dolphin, but If nothing can be done to help testing or finding problems, Will just use an older build.

BTW take a read to the other thread, we find a way to reproduce the sync problema and it has to do with graphics backends and vsync. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...ery-launch Post #3 and so on.

Even we find a workaround. But Im not here for workarounds. Im here trying to help with Dolphin problems, from my ignorance, but still trying to help to make it better.

Thanks.
I discover something if any dev is interested.

After accepting online contract, its imposible to Access to shop channel. Crash and crash.

But I discover if you go to wii settings, play a Little there, ie I went to country, but didnt changed anything, then back to main menú, shop channel, voila, it Works. Tested like 10 times.

Also wii menú date was 2029. Not sure how that happened. Entering the correct date helped a Little with stability.
Tools > Check Nand might help a bit, even if it says no errors were found it probably fixed something.
You might also want to try a system update, also under the tools menu iirc.
(01-18-2019, 11:18 AM)SCOTT0852 Wrote: [ -> ]Tools > Check Nand might help a bit, even if it says no errors were found it probably fixed something.

If it says no errors found, it hasn't fixed anything. But run it anyway if you want to.
Hi, yes, no errors found here.

BTW, wii system menú isnt crashing, what crash is when launching channels from wii system menu. Its some kind of hit and miss. Sometimes a channel launchs fine, other dont. I though this was coomon behaviour, I been using system menú for more tan a year and never was perfect launching channels. On latests builds I found it more unstable, nothing more.

Also game disc channel is not working for me. Even tried a fresh portable Dolphin and a generic system menú, not my nand. And when going to game disc channel. it says cannot read disc.

Maybe Im doing wrong, launch a game from Dolphin ui, hit home button, wii menú and when back to wii menú I get the message from the image attached.
(01-18-2019, 10:23 PM)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Also game disc channel is not working for me. Even tried a fresh portable Dolphin and a generic system menú, not my nand. And when going to game disc channel. it says cannot read disc.

Maybe Im doing wrong, launch a game from Dolphin ui, hit home button, wii menú and when back to wii menú I get the message from the image attached.

Have you made sure that the disc is of the same region as the system menu?
(01-18-2019, 10:40 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Have you made sure that the disc is of the same region as the system menu?

Hi, yes, tried many games. All the same. 

I remember loading games from disc channel year or so ago. Not sure when or why is not working anymore for me.

My games are on D drive, but tried copying games to Dolphin directory on C drive and its the same.

Im using euro wii menú and language set to spanish. Both my Dolphin own nand and Dolphin portable with generic system menú are doing the same.

Vulkan backend, 3x IR, AMD gpu, Windows 10 1809
Still cant launch games from wii menú.

Tried jap, eur, us, all get cant read disc.

BTW, now Dolphin creates a sys folder on Dolphin exe path. Besides the folders on /documents?dolphin emulator. Is this correct?
Pages: 1 2