Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best graphic settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ralfi

Hello,

i would like to know which are the best graphics settings in dolphin i can use/activate.
There are many things that I can tick. (i never used Dolphin before)
The hardware is on my profile.

Im playing @4x Native (2560x2112) for 1440p (V-Sync on)
[Xenoblade4kTextures60FPS]
What should i use? (OpenGL/Direct3D 11/Vulkan)

Thanks for help!
No Ubershaders: GL.

Async Ubershaders: D3D.

ralfi

What is the difference between the 4 Shader Compilations?
I play with Synchronous (Ubershaders) now but i cant see any difference.

[attachment=17733]
This article say more https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2017/07/30/ubershaders/ , but hybird was renamed asynchronus(ubershader) later on. synchronus is how dolphin was before the ubershader update which cause stuttering due to shader compiling. In short Synchronous (Ubershaders) use ubershaders only, asynchronus(ubershader) use it for when shader are already complied, and Asynchronus(skip drawing) skip it until the shader are complied. As for backend DJBarry004 suggestion is general good but some game might be better of on different backends. For example I use 3x ir with asynchronus(ubershader) and opengl with f zero and some map are slow as 50-60% but with vulkun I can speed up over 300 in the same map, on flip side super paper mario has slow downs with vulken that don't occur with opengl for the backend and same settings. I use the desktop in my profile(i7 4790k,16 gb ram, gtx 970) and a laptop with a i7 7700hq,16 gb of ram, and a gtx 1070. Not the most powerful but reasonable computers. I don't know if these are bugs though.

ralfi

Im playing with Asynchronous (Ubershaders) now, it is much more smoother than Synchronous (Ubershaders).
400% CPU clock also helps a lot.
You're massively increasing load on your system for no reason by setting overclock that high. Unless you have a specific reason to mess with that option, leave it at 100%

We hide that setting away in advanced for a reason (and imo we shouldn't have exposed it in UI at all...)

ralfi

I need 200%+ (playing with 250% now), 60 fps gecko code is the reason.
If i play with 100%, the game caps back to 30 fps some times with 50% game speed (everything happens half as fast - horrify).
The load of my cpu is the same:
100% - 10 % cpu load (1 thread at 100%, an other at 33%)
400% - 10 % cpu load (1 thread at 100%, an other at 33%)