Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: openGL error on a brand new laptop? NOOOOOO (solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

emiru

It's the error you all love to see. "Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info"

Updated my video drivers, Direct X, etc., still getting that error. This laptop is only three days old. @_@ Also ran CPU Z and determined everything is compatible.

[Image: 2uyg8aq.jpg]

Or is it? Does Dolphin hate EVERY Intel card or just the GMA?

[Image: fc91lh.jpg]

I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 7, and I was just playing Psychonauts on it earlier without any problems.

If my graphics card is the problem, I guess I'll throw in the towel now since I can't afford a gamer laptop on a cashier's wage.

Thanks for the help! ♥
Yea, your graphics card is the problem, use Direct3D9 plugin instead

emiru

(12-06-2009, 11:00 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, your graphics card is the problem, use Direct3D9 plugin instead

That's only in older releases of Dolphin, right?

Oh, and thanks for the quick reply! I know you hate having the same questions over and over, but I didn't see my card listed as bad, so I wanted to double check.
Direct X works. Get a current build and update your Direct X runtime.

emiru

Ah, there we go. Thank you!
Well....the main problem was that your Graphics cards doesnt support OpenGL 2.1, but hope you enjoy playing with DX9

emiru

Maybe someday I'll upgrade, but I don't want to crack open my laptop unless I know what I'm doing. It's a tight fit, man... and since they tend to roast every couple of years, well.