Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is This Good Enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

benadnam

Specs:
CPU   - AMD A10-7870K 3.9GHz
GPU   - NVIDIA GTX 750 TI
MoBo  - ASUS AH68M-PLUS
RAM   - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3
OS    - Winodws 7 Ultimate x64

I tried Punch-Out!! and Rabbids Go Home firstly. Punch-Out works great mostly with the problems of framedrops (from 60 to 50-30) when more than two characters are unlocked
in circuits and when Doc Louis talks during round intermissions.
Rabbids Go Home has a framedrop in general, not much in small parts in the game and in cutscenes, but it lags during gameplay.
I also tried Super Mario Galaxy, there are framedrops (60 to 50 FPS) ocasionally (dialouges, effects, some parts of maps).

I tried fiddling with the settings in Dolphin, i can't really tell if it go improved or not.

Only Ryzen and newer will be adequate from the AMD line. Too bad.
(01-12-2019, 08:22 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Only Ryzen and newer will be adequate from the AMD line. Too bad.

that's not true at all, I used to run dolphin fine on my old amd rig with a fx 6100 and r9 285
The AMD CPU will limit what games will run well, but there are a few things that you can try.

You can try the Vulkan backend to lessen the CPU load that OpenGL and DirectX 11 can have. It might not be much, but from what you are saying it sounds like you are close to full speed on some of the games you want to play, so try it....can't hurt.

Consider an overclock if your motherboard supports it and your temps are not too high with your case\cooling solution. Kaveri based CPUs are actually pretty good about overclocking and the refreshed version Godvari generally more so. this is less of an easy solution then just testing another backend so try the other option first, though you might need to do both and still some games may not run at full speed even then. (Edit: you seem to have a nice ASUS motherboard with a good UEFI bios overclocking available, so this option seems even better assuming your cooling and case can handle a little higher heat load)
(02-07-2019, 11:00 AM)gav Wrote: [ -> ]that's not true at all, I used to run dolphin fine on my old amd rig with a fx 6100 and r9 285

Running what games? Playing SMG 1 and 2, SW:RS2 and RS3, and TLS changing their defaults do not count.