Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 1.3 ----> Speeding up fps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The old Dolphin 1.3 is the only version that works for me.

I'm trying to run Super Smash Bros. Melee but its soooooo slow. My fps 1 or 2. Even when i shrink it its around 4 or 5. Even then, the game freezes after selecting my chars and moving on to the map selection screen.

How do I speed it up?
I'm using the directx Plugin for Dolphin 1.3

I get the OpenGl error when I use the newer version since it isn't compatable with my crappy Intel media graphics card. For some reason, the DirextX doesn't show up for the new version even though I see the directx plugin in the folder.

Is there anything I can do to increase my fps?
Update your DirextX to August 2009 to see the DX9 plugin in the newer revs
(12-06-2009, 08:00 PM)ugoo Wrote: [ -> ]Update your DirextX to August 2009 to see the DX9 plugin in the newer revs

ok I'll instal it, but I thought DirectX9 comes preinstlled with Vista...
It comes installed, but not up-to-date
it works! THANKS!

It's still a lot slow but 20-30 fps is much better than 1. The newer Dolphin has much more options. I'll see if there's a way to tone down the graphics.
a good setting for intel graphics cards are

Aspect Ratio: Depends on you screen size I use 4:3

Fullscreen Resolution: 800 x 600
Windowed Resolution: 800 x 600

Safe Texture Cache: Off but if you are going to play Metroid Prime 1 or 2 then it should be enabled in the game's properties

Enable CPU-> EFB: Yes

Enable 16anisotropy Filtering: Yes
Force Bilinear and Trilinear: No

And you should probably use revision either revision 4598 or copy the DX9 plugin from that one to any newer ones this is because in revision 4599 depth textures where implemented in the DX9 and our Intel media graphics cards don't really support them so a lot of the textures in games become see through there should be a fix for older hardware such as ours pretty soon though
(12-07-2009, 06:09 AM)ugoo Wrote: [ -> ]a good setting for intel graphics cards are

Aspect Ratio: Depends on you screen size I use 4:3

Fullscreen Resolution: 800 x 600
Windowed Resolution: 800 x 600

Safe Texture Cache: Off but if you are going to play Metroid Prime 1 or 2 then it should be enabled in the game's properties

Enable CPU-> EFB: Yes

Enable 16anisotropy Filtering: Yes
Force Bilinear and Trilinear: No

And you should probably use revision either revision 4598 or copy the DX9 plugin from that one to any newer ones this is because in revision 4599 depth textures where implemented in the DX9 and our Intel media graphics cards don't really support them so a lot of the textures in games become see through there should be a fix for older hardware such as ours pretty soon though

ok. I'll try that. Thanks!