Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: D3D12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why wad Direct3D 12 removed from newer revisions of Dolphin if it can make it run faster?
Because features come at a maintenance cost and no one was working on it while it became a burden on the rest of the project and other rewrites.
(01-09-2019, 08:52 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Because features come at a maintenance cost and no one was working on it while it became a burden on the rest of the project and other rewrites.

Oh Ok. Just thought I'd ask.
Yeah, it was dropped in the buildup to Hybrid XFB and Ubershaders. I know it sucks. After more cleanups, it may be easier to make a new D3D12 backend that is just as fast but much easier to maintain. Time will tell.
Taking a look at your specs, if you do have an AMD GPU, the latest development builds have a Vulkan backend. Which, for AMD GPUs, is much faster than GL.
(01-09-2019, 09:09 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Taking a look at your specs, if you do have an AMD GPU, the latest development builds have a Vulkan backend. Which, for AMD GPUs, is much faster than GL.

What's Vulkan? And I don't know if this would matter or not but my computer is from 2011.
(01-09-2019, 09:12 AM)ThomasCapella Wrote: [ -> ]What's Vulkan? And I don't know if this would matter or not but my computer is from 2011.

It's a different graphics API, like Direct3D.
Didn't know your PC was that old though, coin flip on whether your GPU is vulkan supported
Moved to General Discussion...
If your GPU is a 77xx-79xx series card it supports Vulkan 1.0 (the 7790 is with the next set for some reason) 200\300\400\500\vega series then it should support Vulkan 1.1

Basically if the card is GCN 1 it supports Vulkan 1.0 GCN 2 and newer support Vulkan 1.1
Pages: 1 2