Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trouble with Wii IR recognition, LOZ-SS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nooberoob

Forgive me if this is a subject that has already been beaten to death, I personally have had a lot of trouble finding any solutions.

My Goal: To use dolphin to emulate LOZ: Skyward Sword on my PC using a real wii remote with wii-motion +.  

My problem: I have zero issues running the game on Dolphin-- it runs smooth and looks great.  My problem is with the cursor and sword movement, which goes off of the IR LED sensing of the remote.  I am using an original Wii sensor bar that I've rewired to work off USB (seems to work but this could be my issue) and I've also got tea-lights going as well.  I can connect my wiimote to my PC bluetooth with no issues, and dolphin recognizes it fine.  However, when "real wiimote" is selected in the controller config, when I go to run the game no cursor shows up whatsoever.  I can get a cursor to show up if I change the controller config to "hybrid wiimote" and I can successfully get past the calibration screen, however once in the game I have no cursor left-to-right movement and only get up-to-down which is no bueno.  Because I have the vertical cursor motion I am leaning towards my sensor bar not being the issue, but I very well could be wrong.  I have tried going into the "Wiimote New" config file and adding "MotionPlusConnected = True" like another thread suggested but it didn't solve my lack of horizontal motion issue.

So now I'm asking for help because I'm only minimally tech-competent and would love to get this working.

Any help is massively appreciated!
You'll need to check if the sensor bar is outputting any IR light (you can check this with most cameras). Also I would recommend using the latest development version of dolphin.