Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low fps and audio stuttering in resident evil code veronica x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

xabeer12

Hey everyone,

New user here. So i have been using dolphin 5.0-9291 x64 and RE CVX is the only game i am playing. Previously, I was getting low fps at direct3D 11 like 11-15 but now the screen just turns black with just audio running (this happened after I reset the settings to default and then switching from opengl to direct 3d so i really cant remember what else i changed when i first used the emulator). At 16:9 widescreen and opengl, fps is locked at 30 but experience audio stuttering during cutscenes. Only time both the things are fine is of course when widescreen is auto(game runs at 4:3), opengl and everything else is low. Game looks kinda ugly at these settings and i really dont wanna play at 4:3.
My specs:-
Intel core i5 520m 2.4 GHz
AMd mobility radeon hd 5730
8 GB ram
Is there anyway i can play at higher settings without any of the issues or is my system somehow not compatible enough? Also can it go higher than 30 fps?
I think the issue may be the widescreen code - have you tried running without it enabled at all? Also if you haven't already done so, make sure you enable Asynchronous Ubershaders in Graphics Settings and tick the box to Compile Shaders Before Starting.
We've fixed the JIT cache stutters caused by widescreen (and other gecko codes) in the latest development builds. So those should no longer be giving issues.

Your laptop is just pretty slow and is going to have trouble running certain games. It also has AMD graphics, meaning OpenGL is basically unusable at higher resolutions. You'll be lucky if you can get full speed.

xabeer12

(01-09-2019, 05:49 AM)the_lost Wrote: [ -> ]I think the issue may be the widescreen code - have you tried running without it enabled at all? Also if you haven't already done so, make sure you enable Asynchronous Ubershaders in Graphics Settings and tick the box to Compile Shaders Before Starting.

Issue was resolved. The game doesnt look that bad at opengl. But here's another question, i completed the progress in disc 1. I have already downloaded disc 2 how do i launch it? 
Don't do piracy.