Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth stack broken after using bluetooth passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

grizzo

Hi, so my sister wanted to replay Super Mario Galaxy so I bought a Wii Bar so she can play the game on Dolphin while using a Wii Mote.

So I scavenged my house's drawers and I found an old Bluetooth 2.0 dongle and after tuning the usb drivers with Zadig I tried playing and..it worked like a charm!

So I rebooted the PC to see if the dongle automatically remembers the WiiMote and..now Windows is unable to detect the dongle as a Bluetooth device.
This is clearly Zadig's "fault" because I've tried to use the dongle on an another partition and it works perfectly.

So after an hour and a half spent trying to found a solution I'm giving up. In the Device Managment windows the dongle is recognized as a generic USB device which doesn't say nothing and trying to replace the original driver with Zadig (was it WinUSB? I'm not even sure anymore) did bring to nothing.

So anyone has a solution or did I just waste my time?
When you use Zadig, Windows won't see the BT device anymore, just Dolphin. About Wiimote pairing not being remembered, that's varies a lot from BT Adapter to BT Adapter, some remember, most don't, so you'll need to resync the Wiimotes every time you boot a game in the latter case.

If you want to make the BT Adapter visible to Windows again, locate it in the device list (it should be in USB devices section or should display "libwdi generated" or similar on its name) and uninstall the device, marking the box to also delete the device driver. After that, click "scan for device changes" and Windows should reinstall the default BT Stack to it.

grizzo

Yeah I've figured it out after finding a random workaround in Zadig's GitHub.
That's a bummer nevertheless because I can't ask my sister to perform all of those steps.

Thank you a lot, this thread could be closed.
Well, have you tried installing UsbDk instead of using Zadig? It doesn't work for everyone, but when it does, it's the best option. Dolphin will be able to automatically "take control" of the BT Adapter when you start emulation and after you close Dolphin, the adapter is released and the OS BT Stack see it again.

And the last way, if everything else failed, is using Dolphin's "emulate a BT adapter" mode. On this mode the communications with the Wiimote will be handled through the OS BT Stack, you won't have to mess with drivers but you might notice a slightly higher input lag, also Wiimote audio will work correctly only if your Wiimote is the new version (identified as RVL-CNT-01-TR when put into sync mode)...