Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Massive slowdown for no reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, I got to the second stage with Knuckles, went to the area with the sphinx head to find the last emerald, and for no reason the game starts having major lag and the game is completely unplayable. Here's a video of it:

I also tried it with panic handlers on but I still have the same issue, only with an "invalid read 0x..." error message. Is there any way to fix this? I'm using the stable version of Dolphin 5.0 if that helps. Thanks.
Have you tried the latest development version of Dolphin?
I'd also try single core, as this is a dualcore sensitive game.

Also you posted "for no reason" as the explanation and then mentioned a ton of invalid reads/writes... which would be a reason.
(01-03-2019, 01:32 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest development version of Dolphin?

This fixed my issue, however I'm not very comfortable using development versions since they aren't tested enough and I'm a bit scared if they screw up some of my memory cards or settings, even though I often back them up. Could there be another way to fix the issue using the stable version of Dolphin 5.0 or is it completely broken there?

(01-03-2019, 01:34 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd also try single core, as this is a dualcore sensitive game.

Also you posted "for no reason" as the explanation and then mentioned a ton of invalid reads/writes... which would be a reason.

Disabling the dual core speedup didn't affect anything with either the stable version or the latest development version that I downloaded, but I'm glad you told me that it's dual core sensitive in case I run into any trouble with the game again. And also I typed "for no reason" before I tried enabling panic handlers and I guess I forgot to change the title and contents, that's my fault and I'm sorry.
(01-04-2019, 02:18 AM)mistahthed00d Wrote: [ -> ]This fixed my issue, however I'm not very comfortable using development versions since they aren't tested enough and I'm a bit scared if they screw up some of my memory cards or settings, even though I often back them up.

The development builds are actually less buggy in general.

(01-04-2019, 02:18 AM)mistahthed00d Wrote: [ -> ]Could there be another way to fix the issue using the stable version of Dolphin 5.0 or is it completely broken there?

I'm not sure why it's not working, so I don't know about that...
I think I may have fixed it. Do you have to restart a game fully, not loading a savestate, in order to disable dual core speedup? If so then the problem is solved and JMC47 was right. If not then I guess the problem just fixed itself for now.
Yes, that is necessary.
The bug may be embedded into the savestate.