Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Import of Savegame data doesnt work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sora08

Hi,

started to play Skyward Sword again but forgot to keep my savegames.
Downloaded Savegames on GameFaqs for the American Version (SOUE). Checked my game, it says SOUE01.
When I start Skyward Sword it says that the savegame is corrupted. I used the Import Wii save function.

Any Ideas what it is I am doing wrong? Is there maybe a SOUE and a SOUE01 version?
SOUE and SOUE01 are the same. Some places only write out the four-character game ID, whereas some other places add the two-character publisher ID too. It's just a matter of how it's written.

Did you create save data in the game before trying to import save data? Otherwise I don't think it'll work.

Sora08

(01-01-2019, 01:17 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]SOUE and SOUE01 are the same. Some places only write out the four-character game ID, whereas some other places add the two-character publisher ID too. It's just a matter of how it's written.

Did you create save data in the game before trying to import save data? Otherwise I don't think it'll work.

Yes I did. Dolphin created a folder for each version. 
I'm in the same exact boat Sora08.
I tried saving at a bird statue to see if that would make a difference but it still won't work.

I downloaded several North American (SOUE) and European (SOUP) save files from GameFaqs but they all end up giving me the same message after I import them into Dolphin (Tools -> Import Wii Save -> **Save.bin**).

As soon as the game loads up, I get a prompt saying that the save files are corrupt and that the system has to create new ones.

I can see the files being generated in the Wii Save folder every time I import the .bin save file
"...\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii\title\00010000\534f5545\data" has the following:

- banner.bin
- skip.dat
- wiiking2.sav

But as soon as I start the game emulation - after the wiimote calibrates - the game has to recreate the save files as the ones that were imported are said to be corrupt.

I tried loading the save state (the one that was generated through the Import Wii Save tool) through Dolphin (Emulation -> Load State -> Load State From File -> wiiking2.sav), but I get a message saying:

"State belongs to a different game (ID SOUE)"

The backup .iso that I am running with Dolphin has the SOUE01 ID.

I tried fiddling with the .bin file and the .sav file through a Hex Editor and replaced SOUE with SOUE01, but that does not work (crashes Dolphin).

Not sure what to do as I really don't want to replay the entire game after my long break from it. I remember stopping my play-through somewhere around the Lanayru Mining Facility 3 or 4 years ago.

Help is appreciated! Happy New Years!
(01-02-2019, 02:19 AM)3effo Wrote: [ -> ]I tried loading the save state (the one that was generated through the Import Wii Save tool) through Dolphin (Emulation -> Load State -> Load State From File -> wiiking2.sav), but I get a message saying:

"State belongs to a different game (ID SOUE)"

That won't work at all. Import Wii Save deals with normal save data and Load State deals with savestates – the two are incompatible and cannot be converted into each other.
(01-02-2019, 03:07 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That won't work at all. Import Wii Save deals with normal save data and Load State deals with savestates – the two are incompatible and cannot be converted into each other.

Thanks, I figured I'd give it a shot since the "Save State to File" under Emulation creates a .sav file.

Any ideas as to why the save files won't import?  Are the saves on GameFaqs indeed corrupt?  I've tried all of them with the same results.
I figured it out!

I downloaded the 7zip file posted by moosehunter in the following thread:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-i-...ght=sam_yo

Then I copied a save file into my "...\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii\title\00010000\534f5545\data" directory and renamed it to wiiking2.sav

It worked! Hallelujah! Big Grin

Thankfully moosehunter has several save files, so whoever is running into the same issue I was can hopefully find a solution.

I am open to help those who are in need of assistance Smile