Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 30fps cap on Twilight Princess?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nm0b

So I recently got Twilight Princess, and played at very low resolution and 30fps (fluctuating from about 29 to 32). Later I raised the resolution (to 1080p) and anti-aliasing (to 2x SSAA) for all games, forgot about it, and went back to twilight princess. I noticed the game (obviously) looked much better, and I still had 30fps. Later I turned the res to 1440p and turned anisotropic filtering from off to 2x, went back, and still got 30fps. So it seems like it's not a restraint of hardware so much as something else, since the game runs the same at much higher settings. Any suggestions on how to get above 30 fps? I'm fine with turning the graphics back down a bit, I just want my framerate. Thanks! Big Grin
Twilight Princess is a 30fps title, so that's normal!
Emulating older consoles generally have to tie framerate to emulation speed. There is no way around this without sticking in 60 FPS Gecko/AR hacks that exist for a small handful of games.

Some games were designed to run at 30, some at 60, and I think one or two have actual variable framerates.