Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I know which version of Metroid Prime (GC) I have?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the wiki, I notice that a certain AR code only works for version 1.00. How many different versions of Metroid Prime (for the Gamecube) are there, and how do I know which version I have so that I know whether to use the AR code or the Gecko code?
Right click the game in the game list and click Properties. Go to the info tab and it will show the revision of the game!
Hmm. Well, mine says "revision 0", but I'm pretty sure it's not version 1.00 as the AR code for the widescreen culling fix doesn't seem to work, but the Gecko one does seem to. So the revision doesn't seem to be a clear indicator, unless I'm missing something here...

Furthermore, is v1.00 of Metroid Prime generally preferred and more stable with the widescreen hacks? Any reason I should consider playing one version over the other?
Revision 0 is the 1.00 version. It seems that that code may just not work, or may have been for a different region or something. ┐(^~^)┌
Yeah, version 1.00 is the same as revision 0. But you also need to check the region of the game. The Japanese version has the game ID GM8J01, the American version has the game ID GM8E01, and the European and Australian version has the game ID GM8P01. There is actually also a Korean version of the game that also uses the game ID GM8E01, but it has a revision of 48 and basically nobody makes codes for it.
This is the American version of the game. So when I right-click the game, go to properties, then AR codes and add a new code, do I include everything here in the "code" box?

$Widescreen Hack Fix
043452A8 C342CB78

Or is $Widescreen Hack Fix just the name and that part doesn't need to be in the code box? Why the $?

Edit: I definitely have NTSC v1.00 of the game but this AR code does not seem to be working, as I can see objects loading and unloading when I pan the camera from left to right.. The gecko code does work. Why might this be?

I was under the impression that perhaps using v1.00 and the AR code was more stable than 1.02 and the gecko code, but is this not necessarily true? I would like to figure out why it's not working for me, but otherwise, I guess I can just use the gecko code..
┐(^~^)┌

Cheat codes have always been flakey. At least the gecko code works!