Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: such lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bobbybiropette

Hello!

For reasons unknown, this dumbass emulator simply refuses to use any of my RAM, CPU or GPU performance and, as a result, is making SSBB absolutely fucking unplayable (<60fps with an unfortunate amount of lag spikes). Could someone please tell me how to make this program actually use my f i r e ass rig's resources? Thank you, and sorry for the headassery, I'm a basic bitch.
The Wii had 88MiB of total RAM. Dolphin itself is a tiny binary. As a Wii emulator there is nothing Dolphin can do with all your surplus RAM to make the game more performant.

The Wii also had a GPU that was ancient for 2006 and easily outperformed by a middle-end modern smartphone. As a Wii emulator there is nothing Dolphin can do with all your surplus GPU performance.

The one thing Dolphin can't get enough of is single-core CPU performance, but that doesn't solve the fact that seamless emulation is really hard.

With that being said, maybe you have a configuration issue, the game should run well.
Larryeedwards, please do not recommend forks unless that fork can address something specific that master cannot. And no, performance does not count.
Get latest dev build and try again.