Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Qt plugin issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

RagingFE

Hi, I'm having issues starting up Dolphin and I have searched extensively for a solution, yet I cannot find a single one.

So I have every single Dolphin file correctly downloaded. However, when I start the application, it gives me the following error message:

"This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this issue."

I have attempted to find solutions from similar programs, but there is none I could find that would work for me. Has anyone had a similar issue and have you solved it? I'm running on Windows 10 with Intel i5 processor if that makes a difference.

Also, I am a complete noob at anything involving computers, so a simple explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Do you have any antivirus software installed? You may need to turn it off or put it into game mode

RagingFE

(12-29-2018, 09:59 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any antivirus software installed? You may need to turn it off or put it into game mode

As of now, I do not have a antivirus installed besides maybe Windows Defender. How exactly would I put that into game mode, if i can?
Windows defender doesn't need anything special for Dolphin.

Are you missing any Windows updates?
Where are you running Dolphin from? Windows has certain protected regions where it doesn't want you to run executables that change stuff. We've seen this a couple of times now.

RagingFE

(12-31-2018, 01:42 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you running Dolphin from?  Windows has certain protected regions where it doesn't want you to run executables that change stuff.  We've seen this a couple of times now.
I'm not entirely certain what you mean by this. I am simply running Dolphin from my desktop in a file I created for it. Is that what is causing the issue?

RagingFE

(12-31-2018, 12:57 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Windows defender doesn't need anything special for Dolphin.

Are you missing any Windows updates?

I'm on the current version of Windows. Anything else you could think of?