Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mayflash Dolphinbar still compatible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all, I'm considering buying a Mayflash Dolphinbar, because it look like it might be the best option to play with a wiimote (my pc doesn't have bluetooth)
But first I wanted to know if it was still compatible with latest versions of dolphin? (I don't want to buy and stupidly find myself stuck if it doesn't work)

thanks a ton, have a nice day ya'll!
It works as well as it did in the past, but nowadays Bluetooth Passthrough is better than the DolphinBar if you can get it working properly.
(12-29-2018, 08:56 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It works as well as it did in the past, but nowadays Bluetooth Passthrough is better than the DolphinBar if you can get it working properly.

Mhm so it might be better to invest in a good bluetooth dongle then?
The trick is finding a bluetooth dongle that a standard Wiimote will pair with. Later wiimotes are kind of finicky about that. I'd still recommend the DolphinBar as it's designed to pair with wiimotes.
(12-29-2018, 10:31 PM)FelinaLain Wrote: [ -> ]Mhm so it might be better to invest in a good bluetooth dongle then?

After reading the blogpost about passthrough I eventually decided to give the original wii bt module a shot. So I ordered three of those. Plus simple casing and usb cables and the voltage regulator needed. Plus simple basic soldering kit.

I managed to solder all three units succesfully and I have to say the result is really really good, when it comes to Wii Remote responsiveness (plus they turn themselves off when I exit a game). And I had basically no soldering experience. Although the connectors are very tiny, so the soldering part is a bit tricky.

So if you have the possibility to invest some _time_ in the assembly of your own wii-bt-unit I can warmly recommend it. The parts won't be that expensive.
(12-29-2018, 08:30 AM)FelinaLain Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all, I'm considering buying a Mayflash Dolphinbar, because it look like it might be the best option to play with a wiimote (my pc doesn't have bluetooth)
But first I wanted to know if it was still compatible with latest versions of dolphin? (I don't want to buy and stupidly find myself stuck if it doesn't work)

thanks a ton, have a nice day ya'll!

Yes, I have just installed one with a copy of a wii remote and nunchuck.
It works fine, but disconnects if I go make a cup of tea. I think the problem is Dolphin's software's connection to the Dolphin bar because the Dolphin bar stays synced with the remote/nunchuck, and I have to turn off dolphin emulator, the dolphin bar, resync with remotes, then restart Dolphin and go to Controller settings and press "Refresh" and the controller buzzes and we're back in action...
Works, but not flawlessly!
Mark
Keep in mind the emulated games themselves disconnect the Wiimotes after a period of inactivity. It's been a while since the last time I used my Dolphin Bar, but as far as I remember, as long as you have continuous scanning enabled, you just need to press any button to reconnect the Wiimotes...
I just bought a generic USB sensor bar and this BT dongle.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JAZ...UTF8&psc=1

The BT dongle works great with BT passthrough and the sensor bar is plugged into my TV's USB to save slots.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYZ...UTF8&psc=1
Funny, the sensor bar is now being advertised as a kinect sensor bar. But yeah, any generic USB sensor bar will work. All it does is generate IR light.

Gilmi55

(01-09-2019, 09:13 AM)Silent Hell Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought a generic USB sensor bar and this BT dongle.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JAZ...UTF8&psc=1

The BT dongle works great with BT passthrough and the sensor bar is plugged into my TV's USB to save slots.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYZ...UTF8&psc=1
Funny, the sensor bar is now being advertised as a kinect sensor bar. But yeah, any generic USB sensor bar will work. All it does is generate IR light.

I have recently bought an asus dongle, and the wiimote are constantly disconnected, this aeco dongle is stable?
(01-07-2019, 10:31 PM)fredphoesh Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I have just installed one with a copy of a wii remote and nunchuck.
It works fine, but disconnects if I go make a cup of tea. I think the problem is Dolphin's software's connection to the Dolphin bar because the Dolphin bar stays synced with the remote/nunchuck, and I have to turn off dolphin emulator, the dolphin bar, resync with remotes, then restart Dolphin and go to Controller settings and press "Refresh" and the controller buzzes and we're back in action...
Works, but not flawlessly!
Mark

I am now returning the DOLPHINBAR
Pages: 1 2