Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems with auto-updater
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the last development version, windows 10. I use a portable installation, in the directory C:\Emus\Dolphin.
I have activated the option to auto-update with all the development versions.

If I launch Dolphin and there is an available update, I just click the option to auto-update and then Dolphin closes and some times the auto-updater works great, but others, it doesn't.
When it doesn't work it doesn't download anything. If I open Dolphin again, I am again prompted to auto-update. If I do that, Dolphin closes, there is not download of update and the dolphin.exe file disappear from the folder.
If I try a manual update then, I cannot copy the new dolphin.exe to the emulator folder. It says that I need administrative rights, but even if I give them, the file is not copied.
The only way out is restarting the computer (just closing the session is not enough), and then do a manual installation of Dolphin on top of the old installation.
This has happened 3 times in the last 3 or 4 days.
I have just discovered the reason of the errors with the update.
My antivirus, Avast, identifies the uploader as a virus, but not always, only on ocassions, and only when it is updating. Then send the uploader and dolphin.exe to the vault.
If I analyze the updater and dolphin.exe with Avast it says that there are free of virus.
I don´t see any reason to use any other antivirus. For W10, Windows Defender + Chrome or any other good browser is enough.

Unless you´re the kind of people who love visiting fishy websites...