Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil 3 GC sound issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

rickyg3

I can't seem to get this game's sound to not shudder. I've followed the wiki page and looked at other forums posts, and still nothing. The cut-scenes run smooth but the in game music and some sound effects always shudder. People say try using openAL as a sound back end, but the newest version of Dolphin doesn't seem to have it. The lag has nothing to do with FPS as they are steady, and I have a pretty decent machine with an i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz, 16GB DDR4 Ram, and a GTX 980 superclocked. I had the same issues with RE 2 for GC but with some trial and error got it down to where only certain songs would shudder, but RE 3 is another story. Huh
The audio in RE2 and RE3 simply is broken in Dolphin right now. There is no solution other than using an older version of Dolphin such as 5.0.

rickyg3

I'm using 5.0-9250 right now, any specific version that you know will work?
Last 5.0-550
I would suggest the 5.0 stable release for RE2 and RE3, but yes, any version older than 5.0-560 should work.