Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL and Vulkan backends not functioning (Fixed?) and further testing with hotkeys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone else having issues with the OpenGL and Vulkan backends, at least on Windows 10. By selecting either of these backends games don't boot anymore. In the Graphics config the adapter can not be chosen anymore and is blanked out when selecting either OpenGL or Vulkan. In addition, Vulkan lost SSAA anti-aliasing. DirectX 11 still works as it should.

It started about two/three days ago. It isn't really an issue with Dolphin itself it seems as going back to older versions won't resolve it.

Obviously I tried re-installing my Nvidia drivers... And well... That seems to have worked. Vulkan seems to be functioning normally again and is once able to use SSAA anti-aliasing and allows for selecting an adapter once again. OpenGL still isn't able to select an adapter. But it does boot now. Is intended actually? I don't recall actually. When was the last time I used OpenGL?

Still it is oddly weird. There was nothing wrong with my drivers it seems. Besides Dolphin everything else still perfectly functioned fine.

Anyway, Dolphin is still having issues with hotkeys, I made an issue on it on the bug tracker some time ago, but it isn't really accurate anymore. With some further testing, the issue specifically only occurs if the line "PadProfile1" is added in a game's ini config, which refers to the first GameCube Controller slot. Loading a profile through the game's ini config with any other GameCube Controller port of even the Wii Remote does not have this issue. Neither are there any issues with settings lines such as "PadType0" and "WiimoteSource0". As soon "PadProfile1" is used in the game's ini config the hotkeys are being prevented from using. A quick way to solve the issue with the hotkeys is to comment away the line using "//PadProfile1" for example. I tend to use PadProfile1 = XInput0-XY for example in a few games where I switch out the X and Y button with each other, where XInput0-XY is the name of the profile that does so.

Should I remake the issue on the bug tracker? I don't I have the right to edit an issue on the bug tracker?
Can't comment on the hotkey issue, but the OpenGL problem of not being able to select an adapter is how it's always been