Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Wind Waker C stick sensitivity issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ralphadog

I am having trouble setting up my controller for zelda wind waker. I felt the c stick was too sensitive and the camera moved way too fast for game play. so I reduced the range of the c stick in the dolphin gamepad options and got it exactly where I liked it. However everything was fine until I had to conduct the first song, the c stick movements are not registering and directional movement because I reduced the range on the stick and apparently it only registers a direction when the c stick exceeds the range I set. If I increase the range it works for conducting the songs but I don't want to have to change it every time I need to play one. How can I solve this? Is it possible to set up a second input device with the full range of c stick that works simultaneously. I'm even okay having a second gamepad connected and just using that stick each time I have to play a song but I don't know how to set it up where I can have both inputs register at the same time without having to go into options and change it every time I need to play one. Anyone have a good solution for this?
Configure a button for "Modifier" and press it when wanting to change the sensitivity to see if that helps.

ralphadog

(12-25-2018, 10:52 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Configure a button for "Modifier" and press it when wanting to change the sensitivity to see if that helps.

What do you mean by that? If I could link a hotkey that would switch between two controller profiles, I could toggle it on and off if that's possible
There is a modifier in your controller profile.

ralphadog

(12-28-2018, 12:24 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a modifier in your controller profile.

I see, please excuse my ignorance but what does that the modifier do? how do I use that? to solve this problem?

currently I have set my emulation speed to 80% to slow the the camera movement and increased the range of the c stick enough to allow it to register for notes in songs and then I have my left shoulder button (using an xbox controller) which isn't present on a GC controller and therefore has no function in game as the hot key to disable emulation speed so I can hit that when sailing or running.