Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: opengl render error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so dolphin opens up just fine, i updated visual c++ and directX so the plugins load, When i go to play my iso I get an error that says
could anyone help me? I know the iso works fine because it worked on my mac.

" Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info "

i looked in the logs and found nothing useful.
Also i am using windows 7.

[Image: picture4tp.th.png]
[Image: picture5xq.th.png]
Update your video card drivers
(12-06-2009, 04:05 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Update your video card drivers

yea idk how to do that, im runnning windows 7 through vmware on my mac
Can vmware OGL ?

also see this http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2371.html
the latest software is installed, if anybody could link me to the latest dolphin build for mac then i could just play it on my mac. I cant find it anywhere.
For some odd reason that I don't understand, the mac builds can not be redistributed . You can try to compile it yourself , but It seems that many users have problems compiling ( including me )

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/MacOSX_Build
thats it, im going to try it, my sister can program so yea yea yea

Dark_Lord Malik

@Nevermind i solved the issue.....
What i did was download MSVC++ 2008 redistributable from the link provided in dolphin setup guide and installed it. I also check the DX web updater but it said mine was updated to the latest. Then i check dolphin to see if opengl was working and thanks god it worked again.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hey i am also having similar problem...
What should i do...

I am using the latest graphics driver as well as the latest direct X but i always get the "failed to load open gl missing some crap" message and than the program crashes...... Direct X 9 plugin works and is very fast but it has too much glitches in Resident Evil 0(Colour becomes weird,continuous flickering of text on screen,rebecca is invisible etc).
If i disable panic handler than i don't get the message but program crashes with the same error code. I tried several different build from the old one to the latest new one from the developers account and neither of them worked.
Why can i have no trouble in Vista even though i am using the same drivers. I also updated to the latest drivers and that also didn't help.

It is happening on both Windows 7 and Windows XP(i have dual boot of win 7 and xp on laptop). I had no trouble with open gl when i was using Vista and was using the same driver. I never got the error about open gl and games worked perfectly.

My specs are intel core 2 duo t6500 @ 2.1 GHz, 3 GB DDR2, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4350 512 MB DDR3 and it is a laptop.

Please help i hope that u guys will offer me a working solution..Thanx anyways
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////