Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario galaxy 2 save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tried to post in Wii discussion but it wouldn't let me, does anybody have a save file/state for mario galaxy 2 with all the maps unlocked?
This was the top result when I googled it. Should work with Dolphin's Wii Save Importer so long as you've at least created an empty save on the NAND.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/wii/960551...xy-2/saves
(12-21-2018, 01:45 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Should work with Dolphin's Wii Save Importer so long as you've at least created an empty save on the NAND.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/wii/960551...xy-2/saves

You lost me there. Sorry I am new, how exactly do I import this save file?
(12-21-2018, 05:10 PM)dandandan Wrote: [ -> ]You lost me there. Sorry I am new, how exactly do I import this save file?

Use Tools > Import Wii Save...
(12-21-2018, 06:55 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Use Tools > Import Wii Save...

It says  "failed to import save files" .

edit: It says it successfully imports it, but when I launch SMG2 the game says "dolphin file canot be used because the data is corrupted" and there is no save file at all.
You have to run the game, make a save file, then import the save over the save. You may need to do a checkNAND to repair the NAND if you imported it without having a savefile. This is the same thing that happens on console.
(12-31-2018, 02:05 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to run the game, make a save file, then import the save over the save.  You may need to do a checkNAND to repair the NAND if you imported it without having a savefile.  This is the same thing that happens on console.

Can you explain how to do that please?

I already had a save, but after "successfully importing" the save, once I get into the game it says [color=#000000]"dolphin file canot be used because the data is corrupted" and erases any save files[/color]

Edit: I did tools>check NAND and it repaired it. But I have the same problem Sad still Sad
Have you tried a different savefile? Maybe the one you chose is corrupted?
(01-08-2019, 11:59 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried a different savefile?  Maybe the one you chose is corrupted?

That's the only EU SMG2 save I've been able to find. There are a few for US, but my version for dolphin is EU. Sad
I have about 20-30 green stars to go before collecting them all. I could share that but it sounds like you want a fully completed game.
Pages: 1 2